Hello! Long time Kratom enthusiast.
Hi, Just saw articles on CNN and some other website that FDA declared Kratom opiate.  It really is frustrating.  I have been using Kratom off and on since 2009 and found it to be amazing alternative to coffee.  I don't have any particular ailments to take it for as some people do but Kratom really helped me with my focus and work motivation.
Hey & welcome, kozandr …![](https://i.imgur.com/WVL4nYt.gif) It's nice to meet you, koz. I discovered kratom near the end of 2009 so I would say that was a good year for us. Please make yourself at home, share & enjoy. I am betting you have gathered a considerable amount of kratom knowledge over the years so I look forward to seeing what you have to share.
Welcome into the forum. I also use primarily for performance and sleep as well as those occasional aches. I look forward to you posting with your long term use and strain information. Please share your experience and knowledge!
Welcome! And yes, we are all frustrated. Mitragyna has been like an investment to society which I paid for! Lol. Me coming off of drugs with the help of this plant has allowed me to give back 10 fold
@'kozandr': > Hi, > **Just saw articles on CNN and some other website that FDA declared Kratom opiate**.  It really is frustrating.  I have been using Kratom off and on since 2009 and found it to be amazing alternative to coffee.  I don't have any particular ailments to take it for as some people do but Kratom really helped me with my focus and work motivation. Yes this a very bad, no one is talking about it but it very well could be the beginning of the end to Kratom in the US. It happened to the Swiss people last year in Oct using the same flawed logic.
Welcome Kozandr I am looking forward to finding out the origin of a rather interesting forum name. Yes the new FDA response is to say the least frustrating. But the blow back seems to be coming rather quickly pointing out that this is a unproven unreviewed model. This is not a move by the FDA to ban, but more subtle to make it dangerous in the court of public opinion. How do you sway the people?