Hi all,

I just found out about the existence of kratom last week and ordered a sample pack of different strands/colors last week from a reputable local vendor. I am taking it because I am trying to get off of Ritalin, which I have been prescribed to for my ADD for over 2 years, because I am sick of the synthetic, "speedy" feeling and I'm worried about damaging my body and brain with long-term use. I am looking to experience the uplifting effects.

So far I've tried the white, green and gold in very small doses on different days. I've taken about 1 g (1/2 tsp) or less each day in the morning. While I find that they do make me feel good and kinda take the edge-off in certain situations, I find them more sedating than uplifting, and find myself getting tired after only a few hours, especially if I am working on the computer. If I'm sitting for a long period, sometimes its hard to even get up after a while.

I am wondering if any of you have any tips for this situation. Could it be that even 1g is too much for me? Is there anything I can do/take/eat to maximize the desired effects?

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I am 29f, 5'2" and about 112 lbs.

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

submitted by /u/DoingAlcoholisCoool
[link] [comments]

https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comments/bi1701/am_i_doing_this_wrong/