Anesthesia question
Hello & Welcome, Rat! Yikes, feels funny calling you that, lol. Anyhow, as for kratom use & surgery, I can only give you my personal experience with that. This is in no way giving you advice on what you should or should not do as this is a highly personal choice, ok? When I had Lumbar-fusion surgery several years ago, I continued to use my kratom both up to & after my surgery with no complications.  A few strains of kratom may have minute traces of a blood thinning component which is what causes concern for some kratom users, _not_ the "going under" part. Aspirin has, of course, the strongest blood thinning properties followed closely by all NSAIDs while Acetaminophen (Tylenol) does not. However, considering the exceedingly low (minute trace amounts) of the blood thinning component in kratom I, personally, saw no reason to be fearful. My surgery went smoothly with no complications & my recovery was full with no complications & very little pain thanks to the power of kratom. Again, this is my personal experience & you must make your own choices, Rat. I do want to wish you success with your upcoming surgery.
Good point ^ Perfect example of why the best option is just to listen to your doctors. Lessen the risk as much as you can.
Thank you guys. That makes me feel a lot better for sure. I think it’ll all be fine. Like I said, I’m barely taking that much. I think what I’ll do is take some around 11pm the night before and that’s it. I can’t eat or drink anything after midnight. I’m sure I can make it to surgery at 1:30pm the next and be fine.
Sounds like a good plan to me. Please post back and let us know how it goes.
That sounds like a very well thought-out plan, Rat, & yes, your amount of use is on the low end of the spectrum.  I truly believe you will find your recovery is quite smooth, especially if you are able to use less of the Rx pain meds by using leaf instead. Kratom has so many healthy components that aid our natural systemic processes, especially while our systems are healing.  What I have discovered in my research is that, in numerous ways, kratom works along with our own innate healing mechanism symbiotically, kindly & gently. I envision Rx pain meds as the bullies on the block that once turned loose on your system will beat it into submission in order to _force_ it into dulling the pain rather than working harmoniously with your system. As Will has said, please let us know how you are doing after your surgery & I will again wish you much success & a smooth recovery.
I will definitely let everyone know how it goes afterwards. And yes, I totally agree with what you said about Rx pain meds. If they even give me any I don’t plan on taking them. I’ve seen too many people become dependent on them and it quickly escalates into a nasty drug habit. 9 times out of 10 it begins with some kind of accident that involves a prescription. Plenty of protein and vitamins to help speed my recovery is my game plan.
Everything went as smoothly as it could. No problems what so ever. They prescribed me percoset but I’m not going to take it. My regular dose of Kratom seems to be helping with the pain. I’m in a lot of pain though so it’s hard to tell. I’m using red vein Bali. Hoping to power heal this injury because not having use of a hand is awful.
@'RatSalad': > Everything went as smoothly as it could. No problems what so ever. > They prescribed me percoset but I’m not going to take it. > My regular dose of Kratom seems to be helping with the pain. I’m in a lot of pain though so it’s hard to tell. > I’m using red vein Bali. > Hoping to power heal this injury because not having use of a hand is awful. That's terrific, Rat _(eeesh will I ever get used to calling you that, lol?)_ & Thank You for letting us know that all went smoothly. Do you mind if I ask, was it something like a tendon release &/or carpal tunnel surgery? I do know how terrible it is to not have the use of a hand as I had surgery on my left wrist _(tendon release/carpal tunnel)_ several years ago myself. The months leading up to my surgery were difficult at best. I wish you a smooth & fast recovery, Rat …  :shy:
I'm really hoping your username is from the Black Sabbath song!? Anyway, glad it all worked out and here's to a speedy recovery!
This is a good thread for folks. I Also May have surgery on my shoulder.. (torn AC joint) I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for sharing rat
My name is totally from the Black Sabbath song! I’m glad someone noticed. Haha My surgery was reconnecting a cut tendon in my last (pinky/little) finger. On top taking Kratom I’m also doubling up on protein intake, eating vitamins C, B12, zinc and a supplement called MSM which is apparently a miracle pill. Check it out if your recovering from an injury or not even, it has tons of benefits.
@'RatSalad': > My name is totally from the Black Sabbath song! I’m glad someone noticed. Haha > > My surgery was reconnecting a cut tendon in my last (pinky/little) finger. > > On top taking Kratom I’m also doubling up on protein intake, eating vitamins C, B12, zinc and a supplement called MSM which is apparently a miracle pill. > Check it out if your recovering from an injury or not even, it has tons of benefits. Yes, Biz is great at picking up on the finer details like that, lol …  :cool: As for the MSM, thanks for the heads-up  I have just run a cursory search on it & it does look highly beneficial so will order some to try.  ;) A quick descriptor quote: > _**"MSM** supplements supply the body with extra sulfur for creating methionine, which helps in important bodily processes like making other chemicals, forming connective tissue, synthesizing/metabolizing foods and absorbing nutrients to be used for energy."_
@'RatSalad': > My name is totally from the Black Sabbath song! I’m glad someone noticed. Haha > > My surgery was reconnecting a cut tendon in my last (pinky/little) finger. > On top taking Kratom I’m also doubling up on protein intake, eating vitamins C, B12, zinc and a supplement called MSM which is apparently a miracle pill. > Check it out if your recovering from an injury or not even, it has tons of benefits. I also take MSM powder…i consume about 220g of protein a day mainly vegan proteins (weight training) I also take a B complex, mineral complex, glucosamine, glutathione amongst other supplements. Mainly all for inflammation issues and immune issues. I recently read that msm is great for ligaments and joints