Hello, r/kratom! I have been taking kratom for a few months now once every 1-2 weeks, mostly for pain relief (I have fibromyalgia). I have mostly been sticking to red veins and have tried many different strains to find the euphoric/pain relief combo that I want. A few weeks ago I went to my usual kratom shop and the person working suggested I try a red horned maeng da, so I did. It. Was. Amazing. It was the first red strain I've tried that actually worked! However, since that one time I have taken the same dose of the same strain from the same store and have felt nothing. So here's my question: Why might kratom barely ever affect me?

Again, it's definitely not a tolerance issue because I save it for very high pain days. I have tried both capsules and powder. I have tried after meals and on an empty stomach. I can't increase my dose past 5-6g because I get very sick if I do. I'm getting it from an actual kratom and CBD store, not a gas station or anything. At this point I feel like I'm just wasting my money.

Any advice would be appreciated!

submitted by /u/saltwater_veins
[link] [comments]

https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comments/blffbh/kratom_only_working_very_rarely/