Hi everyone! My name is David and I am new to the forum. My short story is I am a dad and grandpa. My need to find an alternative to large doses of opiates stems from A spinal fusion surgery that didn't relieve the pain that prompted the surgery. I was searching for natural pain relief because I felt the opiates were killing me. I tried kratom thinking it was going to be a mild pain reliever that could not possibly replace opiate. I found out that I actually preferred kratom to opiates. I tell everyone I can.
Hello David and a warm welcome to you! I have had the exact experience with Kratom as you; I too thought it couldn't possibly be sufficient for my back pain. How wrong I was! I have been nothing but happy, almost giddy with relieve, since the morning my first order of Kratom arrived and I simply stopped taking the awful Hydrocodone. After one week I went to my spine clinic and respectfully said my good byes. The world shines again, my husband has his wife back, and my adult children their fun loving mother. Isn't our new life sweet?!? There is a petition you could sign please, to help keep Kratom legal, if you wouldn't mind: https://www.americankratom.org/copy-of-petitions Smiles Funny
Hello everyone, My name is listed above. I have a fractured neck and I suffer from chronic pain. I was in a car accident. I was hit by a girl who was texting and driving. That was nine years ago I have been given every pharmaceutical drug imaginable. I have a Medtronic pain pump inside my body That contains Fentanyl. My pain doctor has had me on Percocets for 5 years and in January he took them away because I took more than prescribed. I was prescribed only 2 a day. I was angry for a couple days. Then I read this book called THE KRATOM BIBLE. I was hopeful until I discovered, it was illegal here. So I decided it was time to battle the government, and my doctors. That determination brought me here. Sorry this is so long.
Jeffery I feel your pain.. I was in a motorcycle wreck myself. At least I didn't have to worry about legality when exploring Kratom as an alternative, legislation that limits someones access to safe and effective relief is inhumane. Glad to have you davidmalone. I too found it strange that it was as effective as it was.
@'Davidmalone': > Hi everyone! My name is David and I am new to the forum. My short story is I am a dad and grandpa. My need to find an alternative to large doses of opiates stems from A spinal fusion surgery that didn't relieve the pain that prompted the surgery. I was searching for natural pain relief because I felt the opiates were killing me. I tried kratom thinking it was going to be a mild pain reliever that could not possibly replace opiate. I found out that I actually preferred kratom to opiates. I tell everyone I can. Hey & Welcome to the forum, David …![](https://i.imgur.com/WVL4nYt.gif) I am terribly sorry to read that your spinal fusion did not give you the results it was intended to. I had spinal fusion surgery, also, but am one of the fortunate few in that it was highly successful. _However_, I did spend nearly 30 painful years _avoiding_ spine surgery because of all the horror stories. Silly me, one day I decided to play superwoman by moving some large boulders in our new backyard & ended up finishing the job my skiing accident began back in '83\. It took 5 docs over 4 months to figure out what was wrong, what was causing the searing pain that radiated all the way down my right side to my ankle. One even had the nerve to tell me I needed to walk farther faster (I am a daily walker). In spite of the fact that I asked repeatedly for them to order x-rays, none would listen to me. It was during all of this that I searched out & found kratom as the pain was excruciating & I wanted to use something other than the potent pain meds being prescribed. Finally, the 5th doc listened to me & ordered the x-rays I had been begging for. Big surprise, my back was broken. Well, not only was my choice of surgeon incredibly fortunate, I was blessed to have found kratom as it served me well before my surgery & all the way thru my recovery. The best part of this story? This is only the first time kratom has saved me but that is another story for another day. While I am terribly saddened by the outcome of your spinal fusion I am overjoyed that you found our gentle little miracle. Take a look-see around the forum & if you have any questions please please & PLEASE do not hesitate to ask, ok?
Jeffrey, I am so moved by your words! How hard it is to cope with what you’re going through is unimaginable to most people who haven’t experienced this kind of pain for this long. Please hang in there, advocacy and education efforts in Alabama are underway with the regulators and legislators of jurisdiction, and we're also working a huge campaign! I'm so glad that you decided to channel your energies towards the battle to helping make Kratom available to all! Please consider becoming an AKA Warrior and join the 2018 Guardian of Our Freedom Pledge. And please, please remember to sign the Trump petition if you haven’ already done so: [https://www.americankratom.org/copy-of-petitions](https://www.americankratom.org/copy-of-petitions).  I am available to you if you need any help at all, so don’t hesitate to reach out!  Please consider posting your story in the “Testimonial” section, which you can find when you scroll all the way to the bottom of this page and click on “Forum Jump”.  Smiles Funny
@'Jeffrey Calvert': > Hello everyone, >  My name is listed above. I have a fractured neck and I suffer from chronic pain. I was in a car accident. > I was hit by a girl who was texting and driving. That was nine years ago > I have been given every pharmaceutical drug imaginable. I have a Medtronic pain pump inside my body > That contains Fentanyl. My pain doctor has had me on Percocets for 5 years > and in January he took them away because I took more than prescribed. > I was prescribed only 2 a day. I was angry for a couple days. Then I read this book > called THE KRATOM BIBLE. I was hopeful until I discovered, it was illegal here. > So I decided it was time to battle the government, and my doctors. > That determination brought me here. Sorry this is so long. Hello, Jeffrey, & Welcome to the forum. I am very pleased to meet you  :shy: While I am pleased you found your way to us I am terribly troubled by your story. YOU are one of the biggest reasons many of us have fought so long & so hard every single day.  If you don't mind my asking, which state are you in? The AKA has several state groups that may be of interest to you also. Please let me know & I will see what I can find out for you, ok?