Question from a customer about kratom vein colors

Question from a customer about kratom vein colors

Hello,

I see that the four vein colours of your cuttings and plants are priced slightly differently. What is the reason for this? I saw on your blog a video showing the normal variations in vein colour on one plant, and I have read elsewhere that vein colour is mostly unimportant. Do these vein colours refer to specific varieties? I have heard common varieties historically on the market are Rifat, Bumblebee, Red Vein Thai and Pink Indo/Elephant/something

Besides this, I am curious: does your co-op grow M. hirsuta (or other species) as well as M. speciosa?

Thank you very much for your time. It seems you are all doing very good work down there and i can’t wait to see how your farms do in the future.. I absolutely love all of the close up and clear videos and pictures you post showing the trees blowing around.

My Response:

The color of a kratom vein are determined by the content of mitragynan (alkaloids) in the vein. The purpose of producing mitragynan is to protect the tree from insects and animals from eating the leaf. Its also a stress mechanism. The mitragynan is why the leaf is so bitter and correlates to strength. Strength also correlates to how mature the leaf is. The more mature the leaf the stronger it will be. When mature leaves mature the alkaloids are sucked back into the tree thru the veins. These leaves will look more yellow. https://kratomwatchdog.com/top...

The more alkaloids in the vein. The more red the vein will be. Purple at the high end of alkaloids. White at the low end of alkaloids. It is possible to see all vein colors grow at the same time on the same tree. (pink,red, purple) more near the bottom as that is where they have roots as that’s where most of the nutrients are. Up the tree will be more (greens and whites). They start getting more color variation the larger they get. https://kratomwatchdog.com/top...

In winter you see mostly white and green with some red.

Spring, mostly green, white, some red, with pink starting to show up.

In summer, Seed pod are poping up, you see green, white, pink, red, purple.

This continues to happens thru Fall.

Should note seed pods are best to pick off the tree in Jan - March. Kratom Vein colors usually have its darkest vein color at the exterior of the plant. Getting lighter as you go inward. But is harder to see in summer - fall as all colors are on the tree.

The difference in price is due to the availability of whats on the trees at the time.

The term pink vein is also related to a strain of kratom. I have pink vein, green vein rifat, bumble, and red rifat trees. But there are no noticable difference between strains from what I have seen.

Here are some pictures below to show vein colors of leaves.

I do have M. hirsuta. Here is my tree. 

Thanks

last edited by guywithtrees
Thanks for answering that email so quickly :)
No problem! I'm glad to see you were able to find it. Also welcome to the app! Make sure you get in on the keychain competition before it ends.

Hi, I was wondering if you have found out any ways of making the kratom plants and trees more potent? I know that Alaska fish fertilizer works pretty decent. Either way, I respect what you are doing tremendously!

@cauleydouglas wow thank you so much! You could look into the ruth stout method. That his hands down the best way to grow kratom and make it more potent. It is all about soil conditions and that is the best way to accomplish this. Here is a playlist I put together from my nursery about permaculture and ruth stout method. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxfnuv70zMc&list=PL1hWIjYFQCZYH7gtRFfTzTrhYzIpK9wEV

@peteypyro it is not kratom is much stronger then huisuta