Starting cuttings
Is this a good soil to use for some cuttings? My bumblebee is ready for me to take a few Any tips would be greatly appreciated https://www.homedepot.com/p/Jiffy-12-Qt-Organic-Seed-Starting-Mix-G312-48H/205577300?cm_mmc=Shopping%7CG%7CBase%7CD28O%7C28-6_SEED%7CNA%7CPLA%7CFixed%7c71700000041058688%7c58700004387564228%7c92700036915867535&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwYaN3JaK4wIVSv_jBx1HQwPwEAQYAiABEgJTkPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
Id think so. Most potting soil will work. Ive also heard foxfarm is also great. I would however you look at the root stout method. Thats what we have been doing for our kratom nursery. Its been nothing but exponential growth. Ill link you to my youtube playlist on permaculture.
I have been using that method in my yard and around my plants for years. Often times I get hay and pile that around as well
@roadkill here's what we have been doing Permaculture: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1hWIjYFQCZYH7gtRFfTzTrhYzIpK9wEV
Excellent, you would be surprised at how quickly that stuff kind of disappears into the Earth. But if you stay on top of it and keep adding to it after a season or two you'll have some great soil. My orange trees love it plus it helps to retain moisture. Unfortunately I also have chickens they also love it and tear up my areas constantly
@roadkill I'm so happy to hear that! I have been talking about it with one of my new employees and she seams up to the task to maintain it. She's the one who got us on it in the first place. I was even able to source tons of free hay so if I just keep bringing it to the nursery then it will work itself out. Have you thought about fencing off the oranges from the chickens? How well do the oranges grow where you are? Do you have issues with frost?
The last couple of years have not been too hard on my orange trees we had some hard freezing 3 or 4 years ago and destroyed my crop but the trees survived. I am in Central Florida so I do have some concerns for a Winter's we do get some freezes and on occasion a hard freeze. I believe you're in Florida somewhere as well is there anything special you did prepping for the freeze? Although it looks like your trees are in a semi covered area