What kratom did for me
I could sit here all day and detail the many ways my life has improved in the past 3 years, but I wont.. My name is Jennifer VanBlunk. I'm 38, and i have 3 years drinking kratom tea. It all started with a question from an friend that went to the same suboxone doctor... sitting in the waiting room, she asked me if I ever heard of kratom.. I hadn't, and she explaineddit was supposed to be good for withdrawl.. I didnt fully believe it,because I know what WD feels like.. I didnt think ANYTHING but opiates/subs soothed that beast inside. I'm happy to be here totday to tell you I was wrong in that assumption .. I tried some OPMS from a popular head shop here in Philly, Wonderland.. 15 capsules for $45. Crazy, right?? Pills are cheaper.. so are subs.. add to it they didnt work at all, and i took the entire bag in one day.. it was such a waste of money, but still was a learning experience that comes in handy to this day. Cut to about 6 months later, I ran into an old friend from high school.. turned out she went through a pill addiction also, and currently she was using kratom on a daily basis.. she ga e me some she ordered from online, and she walked me through the basics.. I felt ok, but i wasn't fully trusting of the tea.. Cut to a few months after that, and my knee gave out on me on new years day(big parade in philly, walking all day long).. I was a little buzzed but i made it home and the next morning i couldn't walk on it.. it's happened before, and I didnt go to the hospital because I know theres nothing they can do.. I gave in and took a 20mg oxycontin(suboxone for 5 years prior to this day,the pain pill should've worked) and it didnt do anything.. I was in a lot of pain, and I remembered the testimony I read on FB about how great a painkiller it was.. I still had some my friend had given me, but i never took it all.. so i took a tsp of red hulu.. 20 minutes later, i was pain free, sitting with my leg elevated and happily watching some brainless show on tv.. I was blown away.. All of that had to happen for me to open myself up to how truly beneficial and life saving these plants are and can be.. Theres a lot more to this story, beginning to present day, and itll continue for the rest of my life.. and i could not he happier about it.. every mistake, miscalculation, "bad things" that happened, it all got me to where i am right now, and while it's not exactly where I want to be, I'm a hell of a lot further along then I ever thought i would be...
Wow what a very positive message at the end there. Thank you souch for sharing and introducing yourself. :)