Need some pointers with tea.
Hey all, I've recently been having somewhat severe abdominal pain when taking kratom lately. I'm sure it is the large amount of plant matter that isn't sitting right with me. I'm also getting extremely bloated so it may be gas pains/constipation. I've experimented alot with making teas so I can filter out the plant material, but even at almost double my normal dose, the effect is still extremely weak. If anyone has any good recipes I would love to hear them. The way I've typically been making it is by freezing it with lemon juice, simmering on the stove for awhile then straining. Thank you!
Are you drinking grapefruit juice with it?
Here's a post @will made. https://kratomwatchdog.com/topic/2205/fresh-leaf-tea
How long are you simmering for?? Another option is using a pressure cooker. The increased pressure and heat aid in the extraction process. I also make sure to run water through it 2 or 3 times to get everything out.
last edited by will
Interesting, i never though of pressure cooking the tea making process. I ought to try it. I used to get some stomaches from use. I found pouring boiling water (acidified to your taste) over the powder, letting it cool and the powder to sink to the bottom, then drinking off the top was effective enough. Basically, use better extraction method and do not consume whole leaf. Capsules would occasionally open in my system in a strange way, and it would feel like a clump of dry powder was stuck to my insides. Drinking plenty of water or juice etc as well as jumping around would help fairly quickly. If tea with no leaf in it is giving you aches, you may be overhungry. I have noticed kratom often times makes me much less hungry. (And in my odd case, occasionally it helps me get hungry.) Some people report “kratom munchies,” but i find this is irregular and associated with extreme hunger. It can seem painful when you are used to the effects of kratom. Edit: one more note: i dont suggest drinking kratom that was mixed or not boiled for 5-15min+, and then left out (to ferment unintentionally.) When i have cold mixed and left the drink out for 12-24hr, it would begin to ferment. Its possible to see little bubbles forming, and the colour gets darker brown. It smells and taste more like cow pies, and seems to have a tendency to be less kind on the stomach, even though it has a “flatter” taste.
last edited by SubstanceTheSqid
Absolutely have to drink at least 8oz of water after any dose. I neglected that for years at my own expense and had an extremely sensitive tummy. Hot tea, water or coffee is also helpful.
This isn't a stomachache kind of pain, it like sharp pains on both sides right under my ribcage. It comes and goes and Is accompanied by extreme bloating/distention. Drinking tea does seem to stop it but it is usually too weak and I end up just eating some anyway. I drink a ton of water all day long, no soda or anything else.
last edited by Richieb537
@Richieb537 is it possible you have a stomach ulcer? Might be something to look into. The leaf really shouldn't be causing you that much discomfort. I used to notice increased acidity and took tums or magnesium for a while. I find that I should eat before taking any myself.
last edited by will
It is definitely possible but the Dr's have not found anything. I've had stomach issues for awhile now. I've had endo and colonscopy, CT scan, and ultra sound. My gallbladder was removed in December because it was causing issues. I thought that was going to be the end of my stomach issues, but here I am. I'd imagine severe constipation could cause those pains so I've been using miralax to get myself more regular.