Severe arthritis
Traveling to Colorado really aggravated the arthritis in my joints specifically my knees. Was wondering who else deals with similar issues and what sort of remedies you have came up with. I'm taking 6G of turmeric a day combined with 2G of black pepper, and 1.5G of ibuprofen spread out the course of day and night. The swelling has gotten pretty severe. Have also tried making a rubbing oil fromhot peppers grown here cooked down in coconut oil which offers a fleeting reprieve. Truth be told. It has slowed me down a good bit on app development, and responding to questions here, but i am making progress just not as quickly as any of us would like.
last edited by will
Switch up your ibuprofen dose to naproxen, or take half half of each. 1.5g is a lot though, my friend. My other best suggestion, besides turmeric/blackpepper and kratom, would be St. Johns Wort. I recall reading it had many times the COX inhibition and other antiinflammatory mechanisms. Stick with one tablet or two, dont need much, or it gets too noradrenergic and can cause headaches, especially combined with kratom. CBD is a powerful antiinflammatory and can potentiate the painkilling effect of opioids, and others. Worth adding 2-10mg or so to almost any pain management regiment. Sounds quite severe. Good luck
last edited by SubstanceTheSqid
SubstanceTheSqid liked this
I too aggravate my arthritis by changes in altitude and weather. 'I feel it in my bones' is so true. Have you tried grapefruit juice with Kratom? I'm guessing that you have the pepper and Turmeric as potentiators for the Kratom? BTW... My Turmeric is blooming now with such pretty flowers. I believe that it is a relative of Ginger too. ![20190813_022800.jpg](https://i.imgur.com/clka5n8.jpg) ![20190813_022813.jpg](https://i.imgur.com/AIqklA7.jpg) ![20190813_022829.jpg](https://i.imgur.com/4akCv53.jpg)
naproxen/ibuprofen, steroids, opiates/opioids, kratom, THC/CBD where legal, turmeric/BP, St Johns Wort, local anaesthetic pramocaine/benzocaine, muscle relaxers (metaxolone and carisoprodol and members/relatives of both classes used occasionally for pain). Immune system therapy of some kind. There are proteins which target particular kinds of immune functions that suppress inflammation and swelling and such. There are some modern drugs or proteins or other large molecules in development that are interesting, but expensive and unavailable... but that doesn’t help much. Sometimes bracing your joints in the right way can reduce strain and move the load to muscle groups that can handle it better. Reducing sugar intake can reduce overall inflammatory response, and consuming more insoluble and soluble fiber can contribute to gut opioids, basically small amino acid chains that are opioidergic. Capsaicin is interesting because it mimics burns, but does not cause tissue damage. It induces release of endogenous opioids. Enkephalins, endorphins, etc. i have a tube of topical in the cabinet but i haven’t tried it mucb. Apply with caution and/or gloves! Don’t touch your eyes. Honestly sometimes even anxiolytics can reduce perception of pain. If you’re panicking or just a little weirded out, you may feel like stuff hurts more than it does. As a bonus many anxiolytics also have muscle relaxing effects to some degree. Naturally i would suggest chamomile or valerian. Kava is a unique one that may actually benefit pain response through NMDA activity and dopamine signaling. NMDA antagonists affect the opioid system to reduce tolerance and modulate effects. Dont use a lot of chamomile and valerian if you really need the pain relief though, it has opioid antagonist properties. While they can reduce tolerance in the long run, your pain level could increase or feel strange. I think that’s all i got man. Good luck. I might be a youngin’ but i know how hard and frustrating it gets sometimes because of pain. Try not to focus on it and get busy with other things.
last edited by SubstanceTheSqid
SubstanceTheSqid liked this
Lots of good stuff here! I did not know that saint John's is a cox inhibitor. That moves it right up the list! I definitely think anxiety is probably making it a lot more difficult to cope with. I have been reminded just how valuable freedom of movement is, and how quickly life can stop if it's impeded. I was in a near fatal bike accident 10 years ago that's left it's mark, and occasionally I'm reminded just how bad it was when environment or stress aggregates the injuries. I'm very fortunate that I'm able to post here and moan about it, at least that's what I tell myself. 🙂 I have a lot of help around me these days and that's a comfort in its own right. @peteypyro the anti inflammatory effects are potentiated by piperene in the black pepper. A great addition to anyone looking at kratom as a pain reliever. What a lovely flower you have there, does it have a noticable scent?
last edited by will
Capsaicin Knees ![20190816_142752.jpg](https://i.imgur.com/ULMJm2S.jpg)