Question

Hey guys! I'm new to this app and so far this seems like a great place to get tons of info on this wonderful plant! Anyway I recently just ordered 3KG from an Indonesian vendor. It just cleared customs yesterday so I should have it by Monday or Tuesday. My question is should I have any concerns in regards to the leaf not being lab tested? Also can people I'm friends with on Facebook see my posts in this app or would the have to be in this app to see it?

On the one hand, there are tons of kratom coming into this country being consumed by millions of individuals, and very few if any actually get sick. I thinks it’s safe to say that you’re more likely to get something like salmonella from eating a salad than from ingesting kratom. On the other hand there is a risk, however small. 

What I started doing is making kratom tea using very hot water. To keep it simple I microwave water and a little lemon juice in a coffee cup for about 90 seconds, then stir in my kratom and wait for it to cool. Temperature gets up to about 180 which will kill most common biological contaminants quickly. 

As far as non-biological contaminants there’s really no way of knowing without testing, and even then it’s not guaranteed. One of the vendors I ordered from got flagged by the FDA for high lead levels in a strain I purchased. The vendor sent me copies of their tests showing no issues and couldn’t explain the discrepancy.  I pretty much just keep my fingers crossed for now and wait for my tree to mature. 

That's exactly why I'm growing my own too. Meanwhile, I hope that I'm not ingesting lead, etc.,  but idk without expensive testing. 

Tea time...

This is not a Facebook page and cannot be viewed from there, from what I can tell (I’m logged out of my Facebook right now). 

I prefer to support USA vendors because they use funds to donate to the cause of keeping the leaf legally accessible to adults in this country.  

My opinion only.  Circumventing the USA self regulation system is a way of circumventing keeping it legal.  That’s the point of self regulation (testing).  

I don’t buy in kilo sized quantities, so my intent is different from yours.  I find great savings on 3 kilos can be negotiated with vendors I trust.  I REALLY LIKE knowing the mitragynine percentage.  I’ve encouraged Indo farmers to get their products sampled BEFORE SALES to the USA using USA based labs and they can then sell directly to US vendors and pay the hard workers better instead of paying brokers to be politely intrusive on all social media apps.

All of this is simply my opinion and we all have one!  Your questions are good conversation for others to learn from.  

Hopefully you have an anxiety free transaction and REALLY LIKE that particular batch of product.  

Can I ask, what made you decide to shop directly with someone in Indonesia?  

Thanks for sharing!  I can’t wait to hear how you like it!  

last edited by Laurie

@peteypyro do you titrate dose any different with fresh vs dried? I would assume fresh has a higher alkaloid content but I really do not know. I've not seen much online when looking either.

I recently tried fresh leaves for 3 days.  Just one huge leaf with morning coffee.  Chewed it up and gummed it in my cheek and eventually swallowed.  Fortunately I am not sensitive to the alkaloids and had no digestion issues.  But. Oddly, I noticed NO EFFECTS AT ALL from the fresh leaves.  They came from a reputable source, so I’m guessing that tree is not for me and that’s life.  I’m hoping to try some fresh leaves from the guys participating on creating this app when I am able to afford another order (I have plenty of kratom on hand and cannot justify buying more right now, lol).  The leaves I tried were not related to anyone participating on kratom watchdog.