New home for the one-year kratoms

spent the morning with a chainsaw taking down two mature grapefruit trees. Ran that chainsaw until I couldn't hardly hold it up anymore. But they're down and the coconut the coir is soaking in water. Hopefully tomorrow will be planting day. Will post a progress picture or two as I go.

This should be a great place for them. Sad for the grapefruit trees since they are my favorite potentiator for kratom. Good luck and success

okay I got one in. Mixed in some volcanic ash in the bottom along with 4.5 cubic feet of coconut coir should be good to go. You can see it was a bit rootbound. Had to water them twice a day when they were in a pot

Coco coir for pH neutral drainage, and volcanic ash for trace elements... nice choice. Any good Florida sources of coir? Walmart, Home Depot?

just happen to get lucky and get mine at Walmart for $5 a block which was 2.5 cubic feet.

Also came across two wormlizards this morning digging the second hole. These things are rather strange. I don't come across them too often.

Cool wormlizards. I'd guess that they aerate the soil well. Great for thirsty kratom trees.

I've only seen 5Kg coir blocks for $14 @ walmart.com.  Considering how much investment is in a kratom tree ( food, soil, Neem, love, etc.) it is totally worth it though. These trees may, one day,  be the only source of moderate pain relief, aside from big pharma's poisons. Screw the FDA.

BTW...

I wonder if Scott Gottlieb would be good plant food? He is so full of $#!T that he'd be better than manure. I wish he was planted under tree.😆🤣😁😀😇 jk.

what a project this turned out to be. But they're both in the ground now I hope for a mild winter.

last edited by roadkill

@roadkill    Awesome job! I hope to plant my bushes next spring.  They'll overwinter in the greenhouse house until then. I worry about winters too (Daytona beach).    I understand that they will drop leaves and go dormant, when it gets into the 40s. If the 30s threaten, well then sheets and heat lights might be called for. Maybe single pipe 'smudge pots' burning, as were used for citrus trees years ago. Still legal in Florida. I believe that they're now illegal in Commiefornia (as most things are). Good luck with the trees. I wish you success and a mild winter. Go Kratom.

last edited by peteypyro
SubstanceTheSqid liked this