Happy Bumblebee

The only plants I'm not having any problems with right now are my junior bumblebee kratom. 

Since we have more new people here I'll post this question again. Not having any prior experience with this strain is the Bumblebee Kratom worth my time and energy. I ask because I don't see specific bumblebee Kratom powder for sale

@roadkill Your kratom plants look very festive in their red pots with green leaves. 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

I am not convinced that they're are more than maybe 2 types of Mitragyna Speciosa, horned and unhorned. If there are, I'm not 100% sure that one would have a radical difference in alkaloid levels and profiles from the other.

In this nascent pioneering of 'all things Kratom' , I certainly haven't done any genetic studying or hplc/gcms tests on alkaloids for 'different subspecies' that are raised in identical environments.  Obviously more research is needed with this rather novel plant. 

Just as there are tested tried and true varieties of cannabis,  there may well be with Kratom too.  There may well be mitragynine/7OHM alkaloid levels and ratios that vary with genetics AS WELL AS  their environs. It may just be nuture more than nature,  it may just be culture more than clone, or indeed it may just be plant age, season of harvest, portion of plant (red/green vein) harvested, nutrition, water & humidity, temperature, light intensity & photoperiod,  and CO2 levels that make for most of the potencies and differences in alkaloids. I may also be 100% wrong (I've been wrong before). I've made mistakes before ( I've seen me do it).

There are THC/CBD level differences and ratios with pot indica/sativa hybrids, so anything is possible. 

I can only hope that the 'Malaysian', 'Vietnamese', 'Indonesian', and 'Thai' clones that I have do indeed have potent alkaloids, and are different from each other, as they were advertised.

I would be disappointed if I raised these, with high hopes (no pun intended), and was disappointed in their performance. I don't want to raise a bunch of culls.

Happy Thanksgiving to all in the kratom community. We certainly have much to be thankful for.  If we're thankful for Kratom, well that just means we've prolly been through hell. Blessings y'all. 😁

last edited by peteypyro

I don’t know squat.  But I encourage you to continue and SEE WHAT YOU GET.  Perhaps you’ll be able to show us all what we have been missing.  After all, we can discuss kratom ALL DAY LONG, but it’s really an uncomplicated tree in a complicated world!  I love overthinking about it while waiting to feel a bit better! I also appreciate the holiday spirit they exude!  GOOD LUCK! 

well I'm slowly starting to learn more. Apparently this is not a bumblebee. It appears as though I have a mitragyna javanica. Which apparently the effects of this plant are similar to the speciosa but Milder

@roadkill I'm curious as to how a Javanica or Hirsuta visually differ from a Speciosa. What do you look for? Leaf size or shape? Stem shape or color... or leaf vein patterns? Different or coarser features? I'd bet the ranch that it is bloom differences, just as seemingly identical plants (from roses to cacti) have different flowers yet identical leaves.

Is a GC/MS or HPLC test of alkaloid profiles really required to be sure? Do you just wait until it matures and blooms and then compare the blossoms with Speciosa? Maybe just T&W and make a subjective judgement?

So little on Reddit is believable (or accurate).

@roadkill Have you tried tea from it, or T&W some yet? I'm very curious now. I'm hoping that the difficulty of finding non~Speciosa Mitragyna means that most Kratoms are true Kratoms. 

@guywithtrees Your Kratom blossoms look true. Provenance of genetics is important. Do hybrids like Speciosa x Hirsuta, or Speciosa x Javanica have enhanced alkaloid profiles? Younger growers (that is all of you out there) have the time and opportunity to crossbreed them all and 'improve' Kratom (and the world). Tomatoes are often hybridized to create 'better' tomatoes, so can Kratom also be 'tinkered with' to create a super strong Kratom?

I wish I had a million dollar GC/MS analyzer.... and a farm of Mitragyna subspecies to experiment with. (And a million years more time 😗)

Very curious. I hope yours and mine are true kratom 🤔

🎄🎄 Speciosa vs Javanica.🎄🎄

Here is an article on "Mitragyna Javanica: A Popular Alterative Substitute for Kratom".

https://kratompowders.org/mitr...

🎄🎄Go Kratom, Grow Kratom.🎄🎄

last edited by peteypyro

How did you determine your plant(s) are Javanica?

I have Javanica on hand and use it occasionally for evening.  I don’t know much about it besides trying this one batch.  I prefer the benefits of Hirsuta over Javanica-sorry to say.  It’s used for tolerance reduction like stem n vein.  I think a few more vendors in Indonesia have it handy because it can be sold legally no matter the status of kratom.  Just my guess.  I’ll try it again soon under controlled circumstances and post about benefits.  The vendor I got it from, got it for an “apocalypse” purpose and is currently sitting on quite a bit.  

Hirsuta is pretty much a mystery in the Kratom Community as well.  I find it really helpful from the alkaloid it provides: mitraphylline.  <—-perhaps misspelled.  A few websites mention that it should be used for tolerance reduction, which it helps with SOMEWHAT, but not as well as stem n vein.  Most of the online information that I found recommended using large amounts, often.  I got pretty sick with wobbles by taking that advice.  Instead, I found it to be a bit of mental stimulation and it’s best used during daytime, in small doses (@1 tsp) and reuse is better after about 6 hours instead of the 2-4 I have read.  

I haven’t been into my stem n vein much since I got Hirsuta.  

I’m still trying Javanica and so far.  I know is that it is not stimulating when used in low doses.  I noticed NADA so far, but now I have reason to experiment further.  Stay tuned...

well I believe it's a javanica based on input from Reddit and then when I looked it up and look at images via Google I found what look like my plant that I was originally  told was a bumblebee. Then I saw pictures of a real bumblebee in the leaf was different. 

thanks for the reply!  I never stop learning stuff about - a tree!  I got a little sample from another vendor today.  I’ll get you a report on anything noteworthy after a couple tries.  I imagine you are disappointed, but I’m betting there is a market for it - it’s just not yet known because nobody is studying the Javanica species.  Now you know that selling it fresh may not be possible, but if you dry it well, you can sit on it longer.

Bummer, tho.  I sympathize because it’s NOT what you thought, worked so hard on and planned for.  It’s such a beautiful looking tree in the photo you provided.

thank you and everything you said was spot-on. It was a bit disappointing but that's okay I shall persevere. Right now I wouldn't mind having a variety of different plants anyway just because of the uncertainty of its legality in the future