Cinnamon's antifungal properties in action...

Here is a clone with cinnamon around its tender stem. There is white mold trying to encroach but it is stopped at the cinnamon's edge...

and a closer view of the mold...

Cinnamon does work to protect young cuttings until they have a thicker resistant bark.

It's a game changer in the world of organic fungal/damping off control.

@peteypyro

I need to add a super like button! 

Would you mind if I feature this post in an email update for the growers group?

last edited by will

@will Free to share anything that you think would help organic growers. 

I could have used a copper based chemical antifungal, but why pay extra money for a documented human poison fungicide that can be treated with wifey's  spice rack? I didn't invent this. Enjoy. 

I tried a cinnamon solution on some leaf spot fungus. Unfortunately it had no effect on that

@roadkill  I've only had luck with cinnamon by using it before fungus attacks. Once the fungus is actively growing on plants it can't save them. Cinnamon oil is not water soluble so a water solution wouldn't be effective. It is 'hydrophobic' and repels water, which may be the secret to it's effectiveness. I'd guess that it's effective ingredients may be soluble in oil sprays or it may at least be in suspension in an oil spray. I've only used it for 'damping-off' and soil fungi with success. Maybe neem oil would work on leaves?

my work around on that was I use cinnamon sticks boiled them and steeped it like I would a tea and came up with this very dark looking solution that smell just wonderfully delicious

SubstanceTheSqid liked this

perhaps ethanol or isopropyl would be a sufficient carrier, and could even evaporate leaving the oils left concentrated at area of application. 

This is really a fantastic use of cinnamon i never would have thought of. I use it for callousing and treating wounded cacti to prevent mold and rot similarly. Maybe its time to grow cinnamon trees...