Help!

Didn't know who else to ask! I just took some mulberry cuttings from my grandparents tree. Since a bit too late (way too dark where we live) to mix soil and prep pots now, should I put the cuttings in water overnight? Or stick them in what is left in my soil bucket with or without hormone? What should I do to keep them healthy until I can properly plant them. Also should I use rooting hormone on them when I do plant them? I keep hearing mixed views on hormone, like it can actually keep it from rooting. I'm not sure! These cuttings are very special to me as my grandparents have passed a few years ago, any and all help is more than appreciated! Will take pics as soon as we get home ❤️ 

All of the cuttings I have taken previously rooted and are all happy, but I planted those as soon as we got back home. These babies are going to have to wait unfortunately 😔 I've gotten cuttings in the mail and they were fine and they were just short pieces of stick essentially lol, I don't know why I'm over thinking this!

store them in water, perhaps a glass full. Then root them within a few days, with the usual normal techniques.  Best of luck.