Alaska Fish Fertilizer Question

I’ve been using Fox Farms nutes with good results but ran out. Lowe’s had bottles of Alaska Fish Fertilizer and I know many swear by it so I though I’d give it a try. 

I always pH everything I give to my baby and was shocked at how acidic this stuff is. Only using a tablespoon per gallon, but it took quite a bit of PH Up to get it to 6. 

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts? If you adjust pH what are using?  If you don’t adjust what are you using in your soil to buffer? 

Thanks!

no kidding. What was the pH testing at? 

Based on what I've read in the past. In general the two forest is an acidic environment.

At my property the soil is full of calcium and magnese making the water fairly basic so acidic things can help balance that with time.

Have you tested your soil ph?

Thanks @willtest. She’s still in a fabric container with ocean forest soil topped with worm castings and azomite. I don’t have a soil meter, but runoff pH was 6ish. 

My city water has a high pH - pushing 9 - so I always adjust to 6. Plain water with the fertilizer looks to be in the 4’s. Even though the soil buffers well, especially with worm castings, that’s too low for me.  

Looks like the makers mix in sulfuric acid to keep microbes out and improve shelf life. Maybe my bottle was especially acidic. I think I’ll switch back and use this in smaller doses for other plants around the yard.