we've all had to deal with ye

@roadkill hey rk. Good to see you around. Were you able to recover your sick tree/s?

no I was not able to. One of the trees has died it was about 6 or 7 ft tall and the other ones not doing too well

@peteypyro I have some leaves like that too. Chlorotic leaves can be fixed by aluminum sulfate?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/LDnQQNhtJeeYp8J67

This is great, I have had this problem with my farm as well. The high ph causes this problem- the technical term is chlorosis. Ammonium sulfate definitely solves this problem but in my experience, it is a somewhat dangerous short-term solution and I stopped using it because I drink water from my well. I found that the chemicals eventually leached into my system. Not the end of the world but going forward the past few years I use these three steps at my farm:

Short term: I dilute Southern Ag Chelated Liquid Iron with water and pour that around my plants. Results- 1 week; lasts 1 month

Mid-term: I add Monterey LG7115 Dr Soil Acidifier Granules Iron and Elemental Sulfur Acidic Fertilizer around my plants which is a slow release of the short-term step. Results- 1 month; lasts 4 months

Long-term: Build soil- this naturally will even out to give a ph of around 6. I do this with compost, biochar, and worm castings. Results for life (also cheapest)

I know I used name brands but I didn't link because I am not affiliated. I find that telling people the exact brand helps save them time but please, by all means, shop around. The main point is Liquid Iron and Iron Granules.

@agroforestry said:

<p>This is great, I have had this problem with my farm as well. The high ph causes this problem- the technical term is chlorosis. Ammonium sulfate definitely solves this problem but in my experience, it is a somewhat dangerous short-term solution and I stopped using it because I drink water from my well. I found that the chemicals eventually leached into my system. Not the end of the world but going forward the past few years I use these three steps at my farm:</p><p><strong>Short term:</strong> I dilute <em>Southern Ag Chelated Liquid Iron</em> with water and pour that around my plants. Results- 1 week; lasts 1 month</p><p><strong>Mid-term:</strong> I add <em>Monterey LG7115 Dr Soil Acidifier Granules Iron and Elemental Sulfur Acidic Fertilizer</em> around my plants which is a slow release of the short-term step. Results- 1 month; lasts 4 months</p><p><strong>Long-term:</strong> Build soil- this naturally will even out to give a ph of around 6. I do this with compost, biochar, and worm castings. Results for life (also cheapest)</p><p></p><p>I know I used name brands but I didn't link because I am not affiliated. I find that telling people the exact brand helps save them time but please, by all means, shop around. The main point is Liquid Iron and Iron Granules.</p>

Great post! I've started experimenting with some different mulching techniques to address the ongoing water/ph problem (my ground water is extremely alkaline for one). Working in more pine needles, bark, etc (mainly because I have no where else to put it while maintaining the grounds) one of the positives here is with heavy mulching watering has went down to literally 0. 

@will ah yes, the power of mulch. It solves nearly EVERYTHING hah

Plants needs too much water= mulch

Weeds around plant= mulch

Plant needs better soil= mulch

Soil has high pH= mulch

Soil has low pH= mulch

I could never get my kratom cutting to root but I plan to order more soon and try again. Soon I hope to have a kratom tree to test on my farm, I have over 120 different types of fruit trees so I'd love to add in the diversity of a great medicinal plant.

Really felt this chill. Had a roof reading at 20f on Friday night as air mass plowed through without obstruction. No visible ice though. I’m not sure what thermodynamics were at play as the air a few feet off the ground was substantially warmer and all the large trees have been packed heavily with mulch and logs - effectively turning the trees themselves into a radiator in this frigid air. In other news the older dog doesn’t mind the cold when going for walks but the little one sure does.

I am getting cornered today as we had some rain. Doubtful that this water will evaporate any time soon.

@will glad the dogs are okay. An interesting fact- some orchard keepers have overhead irrigation that runs continually through frost to prevent frost damage.
https://hos.ifas.ufl.edu/stone...

Just got 6 unrooted cuttings, going to follow this method: https://kratomwatchdog.com/top...
Does anyone have any better ones? I've tried cuttings in rain water and had no success last time. Hopefully, this method works better.

@agroforestry there are myriad rooting techniques I've shown here,  about 2-3 years ago. They all work to some degree. I prefer sterile seed starting mix of 1/3 peat moss 1/3 perlite and  1/3 vermiculite.  Sterilized by heating dampened mix to 200°F in an old microwave oven. I use cinnamon powder as antifungal (vital). 

See the old postings I've made in 2019~2021