APP Fundamentals Do you pref

APP Fundamentals

Do you prefer if posts were limited to showing only one image at a time (slider, etc), shrinking images and having tap to open or leaving them as is. 

Would you like to see posts you've commented on/ posted yourself show at the top of the feed?

I'm also starting to head in the direction of organizing content into the appropriate groups. So far the system is setup so a group can have multiple different forums or categories in it. As you join these groups these posts will begin showing on your main feed or you can lock your home page to the feed just for a specific group.

The last chunk of work left is taking all the functionality that already exists here and making it accessible to use. I've recently started using Twitter a lot, and have come to appreciate very specific expectations in how a social app should work, and  we still have some work to do. 

New users are often overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information they see when the first log in. I can address that by moving all posts into groups that the new user must join, encouraging them to also join other groups, and build their feed up based on their interest (cultivation, vending, vendors only, etc). 

last edited by will

Do you prefer if posts were limited to showing only one image at a time (slider, etc), shrinking images and having tap to open or leaving them as is.

How would that work if a poster has multiple images mixed in with comments for each image?  I would also like to be able to easily open an individual image to zoom in. I’m probably missing something, but right now it opens in an external app and I have trouble getting back to where I was after viewing.

Would you like to see posts you've commented on/ posted yourself show at the top of the feed?

Maybe better to have a sort option available.  Personally, I like seeing most recently updated at top.

I'm also starting to head in the direction of organizing content into the appropriate groups. So far the system is setup so a group can have multiple different forums or categories in it. As you join these groups these posts will begin showing on your main feed or you can lock your home page to the feed just for a specific group.

Organizing data is always a tough. Would the new way prevent posts from appearing in more than one group? 

The last chunk of work left is taking all the functionality that already exists here and making it accessible to use. I've recently started using Twitter a lot, and have come to appreciate very specific expectations in how a social app should work, and  we still have some work to do.

If you haven’t already take a look at MeWe as well. 

New users are often overwhelmed by the sheer amount of information they see when the first log in. I can address that by moving all posts into groups that the new user must join, encouraging them to also join other groups, and build their feed up based on their interest (cultivation, vending, vendors only, etc).

Some users from the Neverland Discord were definitely confused. I think this would be very helpful. 

need to be able to post multiple images, like the ability to tap on an image and expand it. Like the idea post going back to the top when there's a new comment

having post go to specific groups I think is quite a good benefit

@roadkill I agree with clicking on a picture and expanding it.. That would be really cool.. so far I've been really enjoying this app.

@pete2000 said:

How would that work if a poster has multiple images mixed in with comments for each image?  I would also like to be able to easily open an individual image to zoom in. I’m probably missing something, but right now it opens in an external app and I have trouble getting back to where I was after viewing.

Just did a quick update that will let you click and zoom in to pictures within a post thread. If you are in the app it will open a new browser window and send you off to imgur. 

@pete2000 said:

Maybe better to have a sort option available.  Personally, I like seeing most recently updated at top.

I like the sort options. I'll also add a button to click on my posts, right now I can bring them to their own profile, but that opens another can of worms. 

Good question. Right now your feed can be populated by a group, combination of groups, or all the groups you are in atm. I have wanted to add the ability to post into multiple groups at once, they would still have to be treated as separate posts as each post is subject to moderation within that group it is posted to. Some things might fly here, that won't fly there etc. 

I'm thinking we need to take all the growers content from the Kratom group and put it into a dedicated growers group that we already have up, and begin fleshing that out. There is also existing groups for new users to introduce themselves such as IAMKRATOM that i will be directing people to after signing up, unless they come from a group registration page.

That was an intense week, really enjoyed seeing this place light up as we worked on getting new features online. Do you have any more feedback you can share? Had to leave the fun here to go to work for a while, but starting to find some time again. That's real feedback, and it's definitely influencing what things i'm choosing to work on first. This brings me onto the next phase, building out a wix like editor to create and customize your group, along with a boatload of tools for group owners and mods to do their thing (which I think was a big concern too). Appreciate the feedback and support, hoping to check in with some more updates soon. 

last edited by will

@roadkill said:

having post go to specific groups I think is quite a good benefit

On it. You should be able to pinch and zoom into images now, once you tap the image from within that post thread.  Please keep the feedback coming

@will images are working great now  Thanks!

I’ve spent most of my adult life doing software development/management and would be happy to offer suggestions based on my experience. What do you think about a couple of new groups for bug reporting and enhancement suggestions?

KWD Leaf/ Point System

post an iamkratom post + 10 points

share to facebook  + 5 posts

open the site or app once a day  + 1 

show points next to the username

read a post gets you .1 points 

monthly lottery 15th of each month 

competitions require 5 points to enter or by entering your phone number to confirm you are real

Free kechain at 20 points 

show the points on top of the user online 

Badges

Verified growers badge once you get 20upvotes in /growers

verified kratomite badge once you post an introduction or testimonial and receive 5 post likes 

What do you think. What other badges should we add?

last edited by will