A walk in the garden... A cara

A walk in the garden... A carambola or star fruit tree.... lots of bees

Fills with fruit every fall...

Carambola  September.... the wildlife gathers along it...

and rooted suckers beneath....Carambola suckers  and fig tree busting out...

summer is here....

Soon, hopefully...Avocados.....and figs 😳
 and papayas.  Easiest fruit tree. 2 year old from seed in a fruit....2 year old papaya  and mission figs...

Fig tree big crop every 4th of July.....

... and the occasional kratom cutting...

.... and that's what happens when this dinosaur goes Kodak on Kratom.

last edited by peteypyro

@roadkill 

Very nice.   I loved your photo between your 2 fine kratom specimens. Sorta look like the 'Jolly Green Giant ' in a Kratom forest. 😉

Have you sampled the leaves to compare their strength to commercially imported product? Just curious, and interested in knowing where domestic growing might produce the 'best'  Kratom.  I've heard various stories about their potency vs. their age. Some claim that only very mature trees have good potency, others claim 2~3 year old trees are mature enough, but I was curious as to your experience. Thank you.  Pete

There is so much to learn about their needs, in order to provide every condition for their maximized production of active alkaloids. 

I hope that once day I might be able to grow my own organic medicine, as well as my own organic food.

W 👀 W!   What a tour!  Even the lawn is manicured perfectly.  Very nice art display, @pete2000 @peteypro

@peteypyro

Lush! Can you do a write up on the rooting method for your small kratom cuttings? Amazed that they did not get invaded by the fungul hoarded! 

Also I really need to get started with figs. They are very curious.

last edited by will

Dried figs are really good! A good way to store them. Figs do well in south Fla.(I grew up with one in our yard in Miami.) Another fruit tree that might do well was one called Surinam Cherry. Very nutritious! Having almost year round fruit and veggies seems very appealing.

@will I'll be making more clones and a (better?) tutorial on this. The '1-node' clones seem faster to root, easier to protect from fungi. and they need smaller cuttings/cups to start with.

I'll explore peroxide, cinnamon, disease control, as well as traditional chemical fungicides. They are sometimes needed for a short period while the clones are still small. 

cinnamon is my favorite preventative.