Kratom/Anti-depressants
Hello!   Does anyone know if Kratom and Anti-depressants have any adverse effects when used the same day?  I have chronic pain (most recently sciatica) and arthritis.  Kratom was recommended to me by a reputable CBD distributor so I gave it a shot.  I went to a Kratom vendor here in Columbus, OH a few days ago; he had me try the red vein Thai and wow! what a difference.  My pain was gone.  However, I started doing research about it and of course, the internet tells you all kinds of bad things.  I'd like to keep using it daily, but need info as too any adverse interactions.
That's a hard one to answer because everyone is different and everyone reacts differently to different things. I can say that I know quite a few people who use both with no issues at all. If it's working for you and you don't notice any ill effects, then you probably have your answer. Maybe someone else has a better answer.
@'tschalk1967': > Hello!   > Does anyone know if Kratom and Anti-depressants have any adverse effects when used the same day?  I have chronic pain (most recently sciatica) and arthritis.  Kratom was recommended to me by a reputable CBD distributor so I gave it a shot.  I went to a Kratom vendor here in Columbus, OH a few days ago; he had me try the red vein Thai and wow! what a difference.  My pain was gone.  However, I started doing research about it and of course, the internet tells you all kinds of bad things.  I'd like to keep using it daily, but need info as too any adverse interactions. Hello, TS & Welcome to the forum …   :welcomewave: As Biz has already said, we are all different so it's not a question any of us can give you a "for sure" answer on. I also know that there are a quite a few members of our kratom community who use antidepressants concurrently with kratom & I have not seen anyone post that they suffered any adverse effects. Antidepressants are powerful drugs & big pharma must & does protect themselves by putting out very strong warnings regarding the possibility of adverse interactions with just about every substance available. Examples; opiates, benzodiazepines, sedatives, alcohol, MAOI's, NSAID's, the list goes on but I am sure you get it. If you don't mind my asking, which antidepressant are you currently taking? I am asking in case someone here may be taking the same one that you are. Then, at least you could get information from someone in your situation. What I can say is that I do, in fact, take bp & seizure meds daily along with kratom with no adverse interactions. Please let us know what you decide to do, ok TS?