Hello from Riverbank, CA
I was injured pretty severely in a riding accident several years ago and am now permanently disabled. That with fiber myalgia, neuropathy and AS I have spent the last 10 years on 60 mil of morphine a day. I won't say it didn't help. It did. But when Kaiser decided to stop treating my chronic pain I was lost. My daughter happens to be a critical care RN and came over with what looked like some green tea caps one day. To say I was skeptical was an understatement. She said one of her patients told her about Kratom that had lived on opiates for years and was now out gardening and enjoying life.  Still skeptical, I took a couple. In about a half hour my pain, and withdrawal  symptoms ( equally horrible) began to melt away. This was about 2 months ago. I am now down to 15 mil, and sometimes 0 morphine a day. Soon I will be completely off all morphine. I am deeply concerned about Kratom being banned. I have written my congressman telling my story but never received any answer. Kratom has given me something I have not had in years. Hope.  Thanks :)
@'RoninAdvocacy': > Welcome to the fight Ripley! I am glad to hear that Kratom is helping you live your life better. There is a wealth of knowledge in the forum and chances to help others as well. As to writing you senators, yes it is VERY frustrating! I wish it were easier but somethings in life are worth fighting for, right? Some people share with their local, county and state lawmakers at coffee meetings, meet you law maker reach outs and such and have had mixed success. I talked to one who's neighbor was a police officer and went to the police chiefs "have coffee with the Chief" and had a nice chat about how kratom was helping him, he showed he wasn't a addict but a upstanding local man. Another Woman has kratom tea parties in her neighborhood to show that she is a normal person and educate people about the misinformation and helpful qualities. Keep writing those letters though! I have actually found that the older I get, the less tolerant I become of shady government. So have found myself joining causes that even 10 years ago, I wouldn't have even noticed. I think I have reached a place where I feel I Must be part of the solution and fighting for my right to choose what is best for My body is an absolute. When we have people like Jeff Sessions in power, that is of huge concern to me. His ignorance on chronic pain is astounding and we must be heard. Big Pharma needs to get Out of our lives once and for all. Thanks for the feedback and all the awesome info :)