Hello all! I need help. I foun

Hello all! I need help. I found many little greenish eggs underneath a few of my kratom leaves. I'm curious what critters could have laid there eggs there? Is there a certain type that seem to really like Kratom leaves? How do I prevent them? I don't like the idea of harvesting leaves that have eggs all over them. But to check each leaf would take forever! Help fellow growers! I must protect them.

Could be aphids. Do they look like some of the pics here - https://www.almanac.com/pest/aphids?

Most of us have had them. If you get lucky, some ladybugs will show up and wipe them out. If not, a neem oil spray will do the trick. Remember to never spray neem in full sun. 

that's them. Thanks for the advice!

@pharmatree definitely sounds like aphids. You can use neam oil I hear that works well. 

take a spray bottle full of water add 8 drops of dish soap to it and that kills aphids on contact without worry of sunburn. Aphids are a constant battle. When you start to see fresh growth leaves kind of curling up you'll find a aphids at the root of it

@pharmatree. Spray with soapy water, like they said.  

Here are momma and baby aphids...

............. being chased by my Ladybug.    They love 'em 

and a whole family of them here, tended to by a sugar ant,  were washed with soapy spray. They were dead by morning. Got ants crawling on the stems.... them you have aphids too.  Follow them.

last edited by peteypyro

yes that's them. I noticed the ants going up and down the stems and the curled leaves. Will the soapy water absorb into the leaves or create a situation that would be bad for future use of the leaves?

@pharmatree Soapy water won't harm it. You can hose down the undersides of the leaves well. The aphids will suffocate in a sudsy mess, easily washed away tomorrow,  you are worried. 

oops,  crinkly leaves, ants going along the stems and crawling up to.....  ..... humm   they should look like this ideally...

but...

APHIDS

ladybugs are the natural cure. Before spraying soap on the leaves, shooo away any ladybugs first.  The aphids are stuck and will suffocate soon. After the soap dries, its ok for the ladybugs to return, but they won't .....if all their food is dead. Lol