Community Announcement!See you

Community Announcement!
See your kratom tree in the Kratom Video Game!!!!!

We are starting a competition ending on 10/30/2020. Post your kratom tree below and the tree with the most upvotes will have their tree featured in our kratom video game. Good Luck.

last edited by guywithtrees

@lisaaddison you need to be logged in first. Then just post your pictures on this page. 

To do so click the text box to bring up the the text box page. And in the navigation bar in the chat box there will be a picture frame looking icon. Click that and select your photo and upload. It does help if there's text in the comment box as sometimes it won't submit if there's just a photo. 

last edited by guywithtrees

Here is @lisaaddison submission! Such a beautiful tree! 

@guywithtrees Ok, Let's play....  

DeLand Florida submission: The Thai~Twins, now available in 50 gallon size fabric.  Twice the Nice  🌲🌲

Here’s my big girl. Fifteen months old and pushing 17 feet. 

@will You can vote by upvoting a post. Also winner is picked at the end of the month. :) 

@pete2000 That is nuts. Is this level of growth typical in such a short amount of time?

@pete2000 wtf? That tree is only 15 months old??? 

Thanks guys. I’ve read that a foot/month or more isn’t unheard of in Indonesia. Not really sure about southern US. I took great care of her for the first 11 months. Lots of nutes and amendments. Plus I’m Zone 10b, maybe 10a/10b border, so probably a bit warmer than you guys.

@pete2000 You have one hungry monster there!

Q:    Geeeez Pete....whatcha feeding her?

A:    All that Scott Gottlieb crap that oozed out of the FDA for all those years. 

@pete2000

Absolutely. I remember hitting almost two feet a month during summer! 

I rigged up soaker hoses and desigesx a simple clamp on my 3d printer that let me snap in a hose on either side of the trunk. Combined with a water timer the growth was well beyond anything I've been able to do naturally, or even in ground. 

There were times the timer didn't go off and if have to watch 12 trees wilt and literally look like they were dead via black and white ip cams from my office in lauderdale. The timer was set to go off 3 times during the hottest part of the afternoon, after which they would dry up for the night. Never did get any flowers this way but the vegetative growth was spectacular.

So I did what any other kratom growing software developer would do. Take an additional job and buy a forever home for them all. 

last edited by will

It broke my heart to have to cut off the top 2 feet off of my largest tree just to get it to fit in the greenhouse I bought to keep my babies safe over the winter months. I am not having any luck cloning the cuttings. I don't know what I am doin wrong.

@lisaaddison do u have any pics of your cuttings? How have you tried growing them?

I don't have pics of my cuttings, but I can click a few tomorrow. 

I cut them, then I gently scrape the surface of the stem to promote root growth, and keep them in clean water. I have some in my greenhouse and some in my screened in porch. They're getting partial sun/shade