To foam or not to foam
@'Ripley': > I'd have to say the grind seems to be super fine on both strains but the foamier one may have a slightly more tart taste to it? Have you noticed that at all? I am a big chicken when it comes to attempting a T&W! I just know I'll breath it in and cough what little brain I have out.  :cry: So I suck it up and chug it..I see a lot of people saying they can't cope at all with the taste and capsules work best for them, but I can't swallow those huge capsules. It's probably all in my mind but the water goes down and the capsules stay in my throat. Meaning because I fear that will happen, it does!  :cussingblack: I am basically lazy which makes me the perfect efficiency expert. I will find the easiest, fastest & least messy way (no mess to clean up after is best) to do everything! Same with kratom. I was presented with the dilemma of how to ingest it quickly & with no mess. That immediately knocked out; Tea, too labor-intensive; Capsules, labor-intensive & very very messy (for me, lol); S&C, not as labor-intensive as the first two _but still_ … & less of a mess than the first two _but still_ …; Enter T&W, fast easy, no prep, just the cup I keep on my bathroom sink for water & the spoon I keep in the drawer with my leaf. When I take my leaf out with me I have two small specimen vials that I load with a tsp of leaf in each & when I need to I just T&W with whatever I am drinking & because I am mad for hydration I always have water. So, there you go, my T&W story that is actually just another in a long list of my "Adventures in the Lifestyles of the Lazy yet OCD" stories. Btw, I don't like those big capsules either, Rip, but what I really hate is filling them with my capping machine ... everything & I do mean EVERYTHING turns green ... me no likey!!! Not only am I lazy, I am, as I already mentioned, OCD as well, LMAO!!!  :yeahthat:
@'Ripley': > I'd have to say the grind seems to be super fine on both strains but the foamier one may have a slightly more tart taste to it? Have you noticed that at all? I am a big chicken when it comes to attempting a T&W! I just know I'll breath it in and cough what little brain I have out.  :cry: So I suck it up and chug it..I see a lot of people saying they can't cope at all with the taste and capsules work best for them, but I can't swallow those huge capsules. It's probably all in my mind but the water goes down and the capsules stay in my throat. Meaning because I fear that will happen, it does!  :cussingblack: i have a hard time getting pills and capsules down and typically chew my advil and capsules i open up and empty into a vegan shake or something. i do this with my supplements at least. but the bad taste thing is just people making it a big deal. its like anything, theres a learning curve on how to do it without tasting it and over time you will acquire a taste for kratom. using water for TnW i the ABSOLUTE WORST liquid to us. you need something dense like oj. kratom just floats on water and it will get stuck in your throat or you will be breath it in while its floating on your tongue. after a couple weeks with the oj it like 1-2-3 and DOWN! no issues. now i prefer the taste and a spoonful can get completely mushed in my mouth and it doesn't phase me. keep practicing, you'll get threw the learning curve. as for the foaminess, not really sure if that makes a difference on strength in leaf or not.
@'itzatwist': > I am basically lazy which makes me the perfect efficiency expert. I will find the easiest, fastest & least messy way (no mess to clean up after is best) to do everything! Same with kratom. I was presented with the dilemma of how to ingest it quickly & with no mess. That immediately knocked out; Tea, too labor-intensive; Capsules, labor-intensive & very very messy (for me, lol); S&C, not as labor-intensive as the first two _but still_ … & less of a mess than the first two _but still_ …; Enter T&W, fast easy, no prep, just the cup I keep on my bathroom sink for water & the spoon I keep in the drawer with my leaf. When I take my leaf out with me I have two small specimen vials that I load with a tsp of leaf in each & when I need to I just T&W with whatever I am drinking & because I am mad for hydration I always have water. So, there you go, my T&W story that is actually just another in a long list of my "Adventures in the Lifestyles of the Lazy yet OCD" stories. > > Btw, I don't like those big capsules either, Rip, but what I really hate is filling them with my capping machine ... everything & I do mean EVERYTHING turns green ... me no likey!!! Not only am I lazy, I am, as I already mentioned, OCD as well, LMAO!!!  :yeahthat:  LOL, I know, Right? I've made some capsules for friends when introducing them to the benefits of this wondrous plant, and boy..it's not easy being green! Plus a tend to not know I have green gunk on the bridge of my nose from doing the S&G!
@'Rob83': > i have a hard time getting pills and capsules down and typically chew my advil and capsules i open up and empty into a vegan shake or something. i do this with my supplements at least. > > but the bad taste thing is just people making it a big deal. its like anything, theres a learning curve on how to do it without tasting it and over time you will acquire a taste for kratom. > > using water for TnW i the ABSOLUTE WORST liquid to us. you need something dense like oj. kratom just floats on water and it will get stuck in your throat or you will be breath it in while its floating on your tongue. after a couple weeks with the oj it like 1-2-3 and DOWN! no issues. now i prefer the taste and a spoonful can get completely mushed in my mouth and it doesn't phase me. > > keep practicing, you'll get threw the learning curve. as for the foaminess, not really sure if that makes a difference on strength in leaf or not. Thanks for that, Rob. The taste doesn't really bother me much. It did at first, but I think I've developed a taste for it. I bought some small shakers at the dollar store and I measure my powder into that, add a few ounces of water, and just shake the crap out of it. I've tried it with OJ but have a bad memory connected to that. When my sister and I were 8 and 9, we had our tonsils out at the same time. When we arrived home we found what looked like egg cartons full of these nasty cups of liquid antibiotics. It was horrible. My mom would make us stay in the kitchen until we each downed one every night. Then my sister got this bright idea to mix it with OJ..now we had a huge glass of nastiness to force down! I am still scared from that lol
@'Ripley': > Thanks for that, Rob. The taste doesn't really bother me much. It did at first, but I think I've developed a taste for it. I bought some small shakers at the dollar store and I measure my powder into that, add a few ounces of water, and just shake the crap out of it. I've tried it with OJ but have a bad memory connected to that. When my sister and I were 8 and 9, we had our tonsils out at the same time. When we arrived home we found what looked like egg cartons full of these nasty cups of liquid antibiotics. It was horrible. My mom would make us stay in the kitchen until we each downed one every night. Then my sister got this bright idea to mix it with OJ..now we had a huge glass of nastiness to force down! I am still scared from that lol lol. ok scratch the OJ. go to plan B which is any kind of juice works. get away from water. try pineapple, apple, mango, etc. even gatorade isnt to bad. once you go towards ice tea, snapple, vitamin water, coconut water it begins to resemble water and although easier to get down than water, its not as easy as the thicker juices. keep at it, you'll find what works. instead of shaking it in water find a flavored drink you like and use that. then again theres the mixing it in honey, apple sauce, yogurt and chocolate milk way which i hear is fantastic. i'm vegan so i don't use the dairy
Have you checked out our "Kratom Consumer How To's" a little further down in the "Kratom - General Information" section??? Here is the link so you can get there without navigating … [http://theakaforum.com/Forum?Kratom-General-Information/Kratom-Consumer-How-To-s](http://theakaforum.com/Forum?Kratom-General-Information/Kratom-Consumer-How-To-s) There are some very different yet tried & true methods to ingest your kratom. There are some very interesting ideas to consider so give it a look-see & let me know what you think, Rip  :shy:
@'Rob83': > lol. ok scratch the OJ. go to plan B which is any kind of juice works. get away from water. try pineapple, apple, mango, etc. even gatorade isnt to bad. > > once you go towards ice tea, snapple, vitamin water, coconut water it begins to resemble water and although easier to get down than water, its not as easy as the thicker juices. > > keep at it, you'll find what works. > > instead of shaking it in water find a flavored drink you like and use that. > > then again theres the mixing it in honey, apple sauce, yogurt and chocolate milk way which i hear is fantastic. i'm vegan so i don't use the dairy That's a great idea! I keep the sugar free gatorade on hand to sip on throughout the day to keep my electrolytes on par between bottles of water. Although I don't think I'd want to mix it with any food type things, I will def try the gatorade and maybe some pineapple juice to start. Thanks so much for the help!
@'Ripley': > That's a great idea! I keep the sugar free gatorade on hand to sip on throughout the day to keep my electrolytes on par between bottles of water. Although I don't think I'd want to mix it with any food type things, I will def try the gatorade and maybe some pineapple juice to start. Thanks so much for the help! And don’t starve yourself trying to follow the “empty stomach” rule. It’s ok to burn on an empty stomach but make sure you eat soon after. To many people go to long without eating in fear of ruining their aroma.  Also, I guess I do the reverse TnW and been calling it ‘TnW’ Best to fill your mouth with a juice then throw the powder on top and swallow.
@'Rob83': > Also, I guess I do the reverse TnW and been calling it ‘TnW’ > > Best to fill your mouth with a juice then throw the powder on top and swallow. I can't imagine it any other way, Rob! I have been T&W'ing since 2009 & never ever knew I was doing it "wrong" or "reverse" until I think it was late last year! I dunno, without that sip of water in the back of my throat first I, well, I can't imagine it. I was, however, self-taught as I had not yet found my home forum (not till 2010) so I read it somewhere & just kinda winged it. Didn't take long & I was, as you can see several posts up, highly motivated by my purely lazy OCD nature, LMAO!!! Try this & see what you think of T&W then or rather, _reverse _T&W  :cool:
@'itzatwist': > I can't imagine it any other way, Rob! I have been T&W'ing since 2009 & never ever knew I was doing it "wrong" or "reverse" until I think it was late last year! I dunno, without that sip of water in the back of my throat first I, well, I can't imagine it. I was, however, self-taught as I had not yet found my home forum (not till 2010) so I read it somewhere & just kinda winged it. Didn't take long & I was, as you can see several posts up, highly motivated by my purely lazy OCD nature, LMAO!!! > > Try this & see what you think of T&W then or rather, _reverse _T&W  :cool: lol, seriously. when we sit back and think of "toss…...and......wash" its obvious we've been doing it all wrong! lol. i guess the english/american slang language continues to confuse even its own people. lol
@'itzatwist': > Have you checked out our "Kratom Consumer How To's" a little further down in the "Kratom - General Information" section??? Here is the link so you can get there without navigating … [http://theakaforum.com/Forum?Kratom-General-Information/Kratom-Consumer-How-To-s](http://theakaforum.com/Forum?Kratom-General-Information/Kratom-Consumer-How-To-s) > > There are some very different yet tried & true methods to ingest your kratom. There are some very interesting ideas to consider so give it a look-see & let me know what you think, Rip  :shy: Thanks itza! I don't think I'm having much trouble ingesting. I just say 'get in my belly!' and it usually does one way or ta other lol But always looking for new info because being fairly new I'm of the mind that there is a lot to learn and I want to know as much as I can. When you are certain something has literally saved your life as I do, you want to know everything about it. Thanks so much for all the help and great info! You guys have been great!
@'Rob83': > And don’t starve yourself trying to follow the “empty stomach” rule. It’s ok to burn on an empty stomach but make sure you eat soon after. To many people go to long without eating in fear of ruining their aroma.  > > Also, I guess I do the reverse TnW and been calling it ‘TnW’ > > Best to fill your mouth with a juice then throw the powder on top and swallow. Great advice! I have found that there isn't a huge difference in aroma but it may take a bit longer to work, but the flip side is at least for me, it lasts a bit longer with a little food. I do have an unfortunate history of going without eating but I am working on that now that my other 'troubles' are about gone. Kratom does amazing things that we never expect. The possibilities seem to keep growing with this amazing leaf! I am grateful  :offtopic:
@'Ripley': > Thanks itza! I don't think I'm having much trouble ingesting. I just say 'get in my belly!' and it usually does one way or ta other lol But always looking for new info because being fairly new I'm of the mind that there is a lot to learn and I want to know as much as I can. **When you are certain something has literally saved your life as I do, you want to know everything about it.** Thanks so much for all the help and great info! You guys have been great! I couldn't agree more, Rip. And guess what? I am absolutely positive that kratom has saved my life not once but TWICE!!! So, I owe our precious Leaf my eternal gratitude AND I am DEVOTED to saving this Leaf for all people who do or may use it to live. That is why I donate ALL of my time to working with the American Kratom Association because I truly believe that they are our last best chance to achieve my number one priority …  **KEEP KRATOM LEGAL!!!**  :datsphatyo: