I am in pain and Kratom is the

I am in pain and Kratom is the only thing that helps me. I'm having an internal debate about buying some because Kratom increases the sex hormone, prolactin. I was diagnosed with prolactinoma because I had a prolactin secreting pituitary gland tumor. So... because of that I stopped taking Kratom for a few months after i learned that. For some reason, what i would call a miracle, my pituitary gland is no longer there. I have a mood disorder where I have to take medication that increases prolactin. It is causing me to lactate and I am not pregnant or breast feeding. I've never been pregnant at that. Anyway... I'm debating on whether I should purchase Kratom before 8 o' clock EST. I'm in so much pain right now but I'm concerned about getting it too high. Last time I got it checked it was better but... idk?? Someone help!! I dont know what to do!!! This Rx Naproxen is NOT helping!!! 😫

sorry to hear about that. I wish I had some advice that I can give you but I really can't. That's a pretty sticky situation

I wish I could help you as well. But TBH I don't think my experience as a male would be able to help. Maybe some of the girls on here might have a better idea. 

I’m female and have no idea about that topic.  So sorry.  I hope you’re feeling better!

UPDATE I decided to get some kratom despite it having an effect on my prolactin levels. so far it is helping. I have been taking 5 red bali 2 to 3 times a day... is that considered a lot? is there such thing as too much? someone said be careful bc if I stop taking it I might get opiate withdrawals?? is this true or does it happen to certain people? I have been taking kratom on and off for years and I never had withdrawals from it. 

@Laurie why am I getting your activity notifications all over my screen??? can it be fixed?

If you mean caps, that is not too much.  Withdrawal is usually associated with using kratom extract or enhanced leaf for a day even, so use those products with extreme care (very helpful for unbearable pain during a pandemic, if you know you are not ill or dying, of course).  Dental nightmares can appear out of nowhere and enhanced products and or extracts are very helpful while waiting for dental treatment.

The withdrawal from just leaf is different for everyone.  It IS quite similar to opiate withdrawal, only not as encompassing and only for 24 hours or so, on average.  So the inconvenience and discomfort is less severe and need not take a 2 week vacation to detox.  2-3 days, tops.  Some people get ZERO withdrawal and the smaller amounts you use, the better for quitting. Small amounts for general use are also more helpful for pain and mood, in most cases.

Some big guys think they need more than other people because their pain is worse (same with anyone) and they can handle more food and booze, so kratom must also be used in huge amounts.  Myth based on lack of research.  Using higher amounts is a waste of leaf.  And a tolerance problem is created instantly.  This is common.  They teach their bodies to tolerate big quantities and then go through a lot of leaf, suffer digestion problems and override the natural ceiling of the leaf.

Sounds like you’re using it properly, if it’s regular leaf.  

As to the glands, I don’t know ANYTHING about glands and I’m learning from you, so please continue to share?  Thank you.  

Your post reads much less anxiety, so I bet you are doing it right.  Hope you feel better!

the site is under construction constantly.  Try to ignore or delete them.?  Sorry, I am a mod and don’t know anything about IT stuff.
we appreciate your patience! 

I’m logging out now, but I’ll check back tonight or tomorrow for HOPEFULLY good reassurance on how you are doing.

Laurie 

Hi @Laney !  Hope you’re feeling well!  Please tag me if you like.  Everyone here can be of help and most all kratom users are happy to answer questions if they know the answers and where to ask if they don’t know.  I definitely don’t know anything more about the glands (pituitary and otherwise), so you are the most educated kratom user with those issues so far.  On this app, anyway.  I participate on multiple websites, apps and forums and have not seen that issue discussed so far.  But.  I love learning more!  I will be interested in how you are doing in relation to your health, if you’re comfortable sharing.  We have pm’s here also.  I also have a vendor-related email that I check each day, insensebot896@gmail.com if you wish to get in touch way privately.  I’ll assume you are doing much better than before and you’re too busy to continue discussing the issue, 👍

Happy Holidays (the best time of year for kratom shopping discounts!)   woohoo!  🥳 

last edited by Laurie