hello fellow homies, I'm wonde

hello fellow homies, I'm wondering how long does it typically take for cuttings to develop roots? Gracias. @pete2000 can't wait for your encyclopedia style response! Lol. 

took 4 weeks to get this far...

and 3 months to get here...

but generally takes at least a month or two, even in warm weather. When the cutting begins to grow new leaves, it has rooted below. Don't forget to use the rooting hormone powder to dip the cutting in first.

and a year later..... not too hard to grow in north Florida.
last edited by peteypyro

Pretty sure it’s the incredible, the one and only,  @peteypyro you’re looking for, but I’ll toss in my $0.02 anyway. Some of the clones I started late spring had roots after a month, and others from the same batch took twice as long or more. Best thing to do once you start them is to resist the temptation to check for roots every day until a few weeks have passed. If you click on the link below and scroll down a bit you’ll see how I did my last batch of clones. 

https://kratomwatchdog.com/topic/3950/cinnamon-used-on-young-cutting/

last edited by guywithtrees

Mod Notes: Fixed the link :) 

@pete2000 said:

Pretty sure it’s the incredible, the one and only,  @peteypyro you’re looking for, but I’ll toss in my $0.02 anyway. Some of the clones I started late spring had roots after a month, and others from the same batch took twice as long or more. Best thing to do once you start them is to resist the temptation to check for roots every day until a few weeks have passed. If you click on the link below and scroll down a bit you’ll see how I did my last batch of clones. 
https://kratomwatchdog.com/topic/3950/cinnamon-used-on-young-cutting

last edited by guywithtrees

@peteypyro thanks! I got my Pete's mixed up but thank you both!

@pete2000 you're right but good info also. Thanks!

OMG! I had the impression that Pete is one dude using BOTH usernames.  Are you telling me there are TWO PETE’s growing kratom and posting on this app?  

I have been neglecting @peteypyro for a YEAR!? I’m so sorry 😢 @peteypyro!  

cc: @pete2000 

thanks @pharmatree!  Helps knowing I’m not the only one who is mixed up.  I need to see a lineup of the Pete’s.  

@pharmatree

we have the finest selection of pete's around these parts! Both of those guys really know their stuff and enjoy sharing their observations. 

How many cuttings did you end up taking? I have a harder time with cuttings than most and i have plenty of plants to practice on, but it is a tricky one. I have sprouted a handful of seeds this month. I ended up moving them indoors under two lights under my computer desk. Took about four weeks to sprout and  I'm not too sure they will make it but I'm pretending they just might. 

last edited by will