What is the suggested serving

What is the suggested serving size in 0.5 mg capsules of kratom? and how many servings is average dosage?? also... how much do YOU take in one day? 😌

I thrive at 5~7 grams red 3x daily. that's just me. This may be a bit much for a novice though. I'm old. Like Mick Jagger or Keith Richards old. Yeah, Keith old .... This here rolling stone doesn't roll so swiftly no more. 🐌 Start small. go slow. 

last edited by peteypyro

Capsules are hard to know AT FIRST.  Most of the vendors selling capsules are including “suggested serving” information on the packaging (that’s part of the “truth in labeling and the cGMP compliance programs being implemented and an attempt at keeping kratom legal).  Does your bottle have any instruction?  May not.  The serving suggestions are a new part of labeling in the industry.    I find the suggested serving is adequate for the first use of a new product. The instructions are usually on the conservative side, so after the initial use, I bump it up to near what @Guywithtrees suggests.  

But it must be said, again.  Kratom is better if used in smaller doses than intuitive suggestions our minds create.  Not everyone benefits from less, but nobody benefits by taking too much.  Wobbles, nausea, vomiting, etc is the natural ceiling for kratom and you cannot UNDO an overuse.  You can always add a bit more every 30 - 40 minutes, but you can’t fix it after you’ve taken too much.  Then you’re just stuck feeling sick for about 3 or 4 hours.  I never stop hammering away about this because a lot of new people tend to think that their PAIN IS MUCH STRONGER THAN AVERAGE and therefore, using MORE IS NECESSARY.  That happens A LOT.  It’s not helpful.  You can be the poor person with the very worst suffering and you STILL won’t benefit from starting out with MORE to get relief moving along quicker.  The nagging about this is not meant for just @Laney but rather anyone wondering where to start.  

Hopefully you’ll post with an update after a few tries!  It takes time and patience to figure out the best use amount.  There are no shortcuts on this.  Extracts are much stronger, but they are NOT just a condensed version of the leaf.  People tend to wish to skip this leaf nonsense and start with an extract and find TROUBLE and EXPENSE right quick.  People share a lot about the leaf on forums.  NOT because it never dawned on us to try the tincture instead.  It’s surprising how many people think the experiences of years with leaf are silly and unnecessary since extracts and tinctures are the same thing only not messy.  Yes, that HAS occurred to those of us before...

Thank you, Laney, for allowing me to nag at the public in general on your post.  

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts ! 

last edited by Laurie