Already down to the low 40s an

Already down to the low 40s and it's only 10pm. The reading is a little high as my dog keeps running under the thermometer because she wants to eat the laser point. 

crossing 40°F ... sprinklers and misters are on until dawn.

@peteypyro 30°F is the low at 4~6am. 

Now it's 31° F and rising, finally

Rinsed off the foliage with misting heads. The wind was steady, light 4 MPH, NxNW, and they were wet this morning.  30°F 65% R.H..     wow!
last edited by peteypyro

Do you guys measure leaf temperature? Wind died down last night and was clear, made leaf temps cooler than air temp. Fortunately, everything stayed above freezing. 

31 this morning was Frost all over the place. Didn't really see a lot of frost on the Kratom though. But I rinse them off Before Sunrise anyway. Guys at the nursery next door to me tell me that if you rinse the frost off Before Sunrise you will reduce the damage to the leaves

@pete2000

The ground gave off a surprising amount of latent heat. Its only when i took temp of objects like the roof or metal objects had a -10f variance i got an idea of how low things got out here. 

I'm lucky that come sunup everything warms right back up. But this was a record low for me. How about you guys? 

last edited by will

My leaf temps were almost 10 degrees colder than the ground last night. The cold wasn’t record breaking, air temp probably didn’t break into the 30’s, but there’s definite damage to my tree. 

@peteypyro said:

<p>@pete2000 the zucchini got squashed.</p>

ROFL. Yeah I had just planted herb seeds...bad timing. Hopefully everyone will be warming up again. 

Lost a Luffa here. Just disappeared!