I am impressed with several th

I am impressed with several things about the Kratom.

I have noticed that my resting heart rate is 4 beats slower per minute. My blood pressure is lower by 10 points, my sleep patterns have improved. I am sleeping 7-8 hours, rather than 5-6. I am no longer restless during sleep, I sleep deeper and I do not toss as much.

I have a device in my room (part of a Kickstarter campaign) which monitors my movements using a sensor on my pillow, and a sensor to pick up on any sounds or movement. My number of movements are down to 8, previously 20. Also, the sensor has told me that the amount of noise I make has lowered by 20%. The number of "sleep starts" is down to 2. In fact, I only can recall 1 of them from last night. Normally when I wake up from a sleep start I never really go back to bed. Since I've started using Kratom, I always go back to sleep.

I have noticed that I feel more refreshed in the mornings. I have noticed a reduction in my appetite, not that I am starving myself, but the need to snack in between meals is lower. No weight loss worth mentioning.

The pain level varied the first few days. I tried 1 leaf the first day and I had good results but it was short lived. I then took 2 leaves and it sustained me for the rest of the day.

The following days I did two leaves, which was OK, but I had pain return before I went home from work which was a 4 hour window.

The last two days I've used three leaves in a smoothie, with fruit and veggies. I deveined them, blended them, then used a strainer to filter the fiber. The main relief was very good and there was a minor burst of energy.

I've actually been debating going on a short run, which I haven't had a desire to do for twenty years. Although, I think I'll start with walking and work my way up.

last edited by patrickc

This is so great to read. I'm so happy that kratom has worked for you. :) Makes the effort put into this feel worth it. 

I believe using the leaf in a blender increases the efficiency of the effects. The last two days I've experienced a hard crash, but I feel really relaxed.

Around 1:30 - 2:00 I get really tired and need to sleep. Today I slept for another 3 hours. I'm not complaining, it was a good deep sleep. I'm well rested now.

I'll have to back off on three leaves and try two.

last edited by patrickc

@patrickc you should try drinking a glass of grapefruit juice with your leaf as well. It can help enhance the effects. Maybe that with 2 leaf? 

@guywithtrees said:

<p>@patrickc you should try drinking a glass of grapefruit juice with your leaf as well. It can help enhance the effects. Maybe that with 2 leaf? </p>

Interesting. Why grapefruit? Is there a reaction to the citrus acid?

@patrickc @pete2000 @will @peteypyro I'm sure you guys can explain it better then I would. 

last edited by guywithtrees

Grapefruit inhibits a liver enzyme (CYP3A4) responsible for metabolizing drugs. Many drugs come with warnings to avoid grapefruit when using the drug. 

Some people use it to potentiate effects. When the enzyme is inhibited it breaks down more slowly increasing the concentration in the blood stream. This causes the effects and duration of the drug to be increased. 

The theory is that if it works for drugs such as opiates, that it should work for kratom alkaloids as well. 

There’s newer research, however, that suggests it may do the opposite. Turns out the enzyme is also responsible for converting Kratom’s weaker mitra alkaloid into the stronger 7ohm alkaloid.

So...maybe it helps, maybe it doesn’t. I’ve read numerous posts discussing kratom potentiators and they seem to be a mixed bag. Best advice that everyone agrees on is getting some exercise, plenty of sleep, and staying well hydrated will produce the best effects. 

My experience is that grapefruit use is not helpful with kratom.  I’m on a grapefruit run (craving stuff I don’t normally eat) and been having it most days.  I use kratom before eating grapefruit and then kratom needs to be used afterward (takes me time to prepare and eat a grapefruit).  Nothing.  Some people really believe the grapefruit myth and maybe it actually works (yes, the citrus acid is part of the myth).  By myth, I do not mean untrue.  Rather, I mean it is said but not really known...

Plus there is placebo effect involved with many of us.  As part of the benefit.  Fine by me.

I noticed that you are limiting your use to once a day.  I’m LUCKY to get a full 4 hours these days and always need to use kratom AGAIN to re-engage pain relief.  And the burst of energy...the wee bit of inspiration to walk three miles instead of drive, stuff like that.  I know it’s helping when I get the laundry done and the floors cleaned, cobwebs 🕸 swiped again outside, weeds picked, etc.  

Your posts are helpful, @Patrickc and it’s appreciated input.  

last edited by Laurie

So here I am nearly 1am and my sleep schedule is really messed up. The deep sleep I had today really screwed with my pattern.

I will have to experiment with the grapefruit and orange to see if it changes things.

The first day I used one leaf, but it didn't last, I ended up taking two more later in the day to make it. So since then, its been three every day.

I am going to test out what the minimum amount of leave I can take to last me X number of hours. I imagine that taking too many leaves would be a waste.

I have thought of the placebo effect, but I'm a skeptic on everything. I tested it out with the one leaf just to see what would happen and I did notice a change in the pain level.

The blood pressure and the BPM is real. No placebo there. When I wake up in the morning one of my first actions is to check my BPM.

Another thing I've noticed is in my fingers. I've been using computers for a very long time and its starting to show in my hands. There is still a stiffness, but the pain is gone.

Is there a difference between an older leaf and a young leaf?

Good question for everyone here.  There IS definitely difference!  Different benefits of each.  That’s all I will say.  The other members here will elaborate.  I look forward to it!

@patrickc You should try setting your circadian rhythm. that is your body's natural sleep cycle. When you over sleep or take naps it throws off your body's sleep cycle and makes it harder to fall asleep.  

Also yes older leaf is stronger then new leaf. Older leaf has time to mature on the tree. The most mature leaf is more yellow in the leaf from the tree sucking into the tree. 

I had been doing well with my sleep cycle except for the waking up at 5am each morning. Since taking the leaves I noticed an increase to the length of deep sleep. The name I took yesterday screwed me up. I normally don't sleep in the afternoons. Today I'll be back on going to bed at 10pm. That will set me to a more normal cycle. My resting heartrate was a little higher today. I attribute it to the poor sleep cycle.

Today I am trying something different. I had my smoothie in the morning with two leaves. I made it until 1ish and then chewed two leaves with honey. I didn't have any grapefruit, but I did have fresh oranges.

I will wait and see how this works out for me. I'm trying to get on a new improved cycle.

@patrickc from what I understand oranges will not produce effects only grape fruit juice.

@patrickc well it has been a hell of a week in the news lol.  
From what i understand it takes about a week to reset your circadian rhythm so you might have a bit of trouble getting to bed. What I use is the sound of rain i play over my speaker and that helps me nock out. It's either that or some sticky green lol.