Question - Does anyone know wh

Question - Does anyone know why the finely ground powder is so much more efficient than the fresh leaves or the tea?

It seems I need very little mixed in with the cocoa to help with the pain. I'm using 1/2 tsp right now which is a good 4-5 hours of pain relief.

And I finally experienced constipation. Since the powder is so fine, I can't use a strainer. It dissolves completely in hot water like the cocoa powder.

I didn't think about the fact I was consuming the actual leaf particles. When I used fresh leaves, I spit out the material after it turned to a paste.

1 tablespoon is about 6g - 7g. 1 fresh leaf ≤ to around 1g depending on size. So you hare eating more plant matter with your table spoons. Also you should look at capping the powder yourself as it is quite easy and makes it easier to take on the road. 

How do you cap it?

And I'm at 1/2 tsp rather than TBSP. 

2.5 g is 1/2 tsp, so I guess I'm in the ballpark.

last edited by patrickc

Do you need any special equipment or just scoop from a bowl?

@guywithtrees said:

@patrickc example of a capsule machine 
https://www.amazon.com/Size-Ca...

AWESOME! THANKS!

Doesn't seem too difficult. A little time consuming, but I think worth it

last edited by patrickc

@patrickc it can certainly get messy so make sure to bring a towel. 

last edited by guywithtrees

“Tal!”  

@patrickc the capsules are EXPENSIVE if you buy them so having the inexpensive resource of making them is ideal if you have a good “TAL” (see towel above) lol.  Otherwise it’s fine to continue with the spoons.  I catch crap about my spoons still, but I still use the same measuring spoon I grabbed in the kitchen during my first try of kratom,  a 1/2 tsp I still use.  I’ve added a full tsp to my rotation bag and also a 1/4 tsp.  I don’t have room for making capsules indoors where I live.  You’ll probably want to incorporate a routine for tackling the constipation.  I currently use miralax mixed with some good vitamin powder and psyllium husks religiously once a day.  Hope you keep posting your thoughts here.  I’m sure it will be of help to someone else coming up behind you.