what's on your agenda? I get

I used 6 bags around my tree last fall. Haven’t done much this winter but going to fertilize and spray some iron this week, then more manure and maybe peat moss next month. 

Too expensive to use liquid nutrients on an 18’ tree so I’m giving these a try. 

I have some yellowish leaves on the top half and I’m guessing/hoping it’s from lack of iron. 

They all seemed to handle the cold weather without too much damage. Should have lots of new growth in another month or two. 

I lost five  3 1/2 foot trees to the freeze and it killed the bottom branches on a couple other larger trees. Look forward to hearing the results on your other fertilizers

last edited by roadkill

Damn some great looking trees

This weekend we cleared out an area which used to have a beautiful, seedless blood orange tree. It caught the rust and hasn't produced any fruit which was worthy in years.

I'm going to cut down the tree and save the wood for smoking food later, but the area seems good a fertile for a Kratom tree if I can get my cuttings to root or seeds to germinate.

@roadkill i am going to go dig and fill 10 bags right now at local horse range

@pete2000 dont  bother with the peat moss, peat is for a constant moisture and is not compost, it will not really provide any value to your outdoor tree, it is more functional for seedlings,seeds,small indoor plants

@Urbanshaman

My water source is very alkaline so I’m thinking the peat moss may help to lower the pH. It’s also supposed to contain fulvic and humic acids which are great for plants for a number of reasons, but specifically I had seen a post on KratomGarden where a grower used a combination of those acids to force their tree to start growing horned leaves. 

@pete2000 ok sounds good,thats more than i knew about it, i just use it as a growing medium

@pete2000 manure will really kick up the acids and lower the pH of the water racing the roots.  Acids really help those nutrients ( iron, potassium, manganese,  boron, etc.) readily dissolve and become bioavailable. Great for my citrus too.

try to clone a kratom clipping in the same pot as a fig tree...

what could possibly go wrong? I end up with only a fig tree? Lol

@pete2000 said:

<p>@Urbanshaman</p><p>My water source is very alkaline so I’m thinking the peat moss may help to lower the pH. It’s also supposed to contain fulvic and humic acids which are great for plants for a number of reasons, but specifically I had seen a post on KratomGarden where a grower used a combination of those acids to force their tree to start growing horned leaves. </p>

Fascinating. I forced a Ipomoea tricolor to start producing horned leaves by putting it in a turtle tank. The tank has a large body of soil at the bottom, leaves, etc. This must add lots of complex natural acids like those.

I'm thinking of fertilizing with dilute turtle water... Absolutely beautiful trees by the way! I love looking at big trees. I've been bonsai'ing mine to be small its so refreshing to see a naturally big tall tree.

last edited by SubstanceTheSqid