The Problem with Democracy vs. the Rights of Sovereign Individuals

The problem with a Democratic form of government is that individual rights to do what works for them can easily get outvoted by the majority who generally know less about the issue at hand -- whether it is the safety of vaccines, kratom legality/safety, or war.

The individual or parent of a child often will look more carefully into the safety issues than the corporate shareholders of a vaccine manufacturer, the latter being a group that is widely represented throughout our society and has a vested financial interest is seeing their company and the pharmaceutical industry as a whole should prevail.

The rights of the individual tend to be de-valued in the eyes of the majority, who may not realize the efforts the individual often makes to render their health stronger (by foregoing unhealthy habits, junk foods, Rx and Over-the-counter drugs, and engaging in regular exercise and supplementation) -- all these practices are generally NOT engaged in by the majority, which tends to accept the belief that they are safe because their doctor and public health officials are looking after their best interests.

Personal Responsibility is a foreign concept for the majority of most modern Western societies, so it is easy and effective to demonize those who choose to use herbs, like kratom and CBD as "legal highs", based on what officials at the FDA say about them.

And, as we have learned, the FDA's major paying customer is Big Pharma, so the FDA tends to favor Pharma's interests and not worry about treading on the rights or the specifics that demonstrate the safety and non-habituating nature of kratom for those who use it responsibly.

This article got me to thinking about this topic. It seems to demonstrate the "blind faith" subscribed to by those ruling over public health issues. I wonder if these public officials have immunity from lawsuits if it turns out that they were wrong to assume these gene-altering injections were safe-and-effective?

On the lighter side, if you're ready to try some fresh strains of lab-tested kratom, please consider one of my fine sponsors, KratomEye.com, where a Spring Super-Sale is happening!

Continue reading "The Problem with Democracy vs. the Rights of Sovereign Individuals"