So begins my attempt to make s

So begins my attempt to make something which will help me make Kratom available to myself but stored in a form which will make it easy to consume.

Last night I used my pressure cooker to make some tea. I took three cups of tea leaves with 6 quarts of water and cooked them for 20 minutes.

What I had left was a deep, brown liquid. The leaves were removed and I set it aside to cool. 

Today I will reduce the liquid to make an extract which I can store in the fridge for later use.

My first attempt will be to make lollipops with the extract. 

I need to get a sugar thermometer, molds and sticks.

I plan on using honey for the recipe rather than sugar.

The pressure cooker worked wonderfully. It broken down the leaves and I believe is more efficient at extracting the compounds.

I didn't use any special settings. I pushed the Pressure Cook option and let it run.

Right now I'm drinking the tea with honey. This is the first time I've used Kratom in over a week. 

@patrickc

Try googling “red bubble Kratom.” That method involves making tea and then freezing it to make the alkaloids more bioavailable through cell lysis. Quite a few people swear by it. 

No kidding! Some folks won’t use any other method. I don’t have my own kitchen/freezer, but I do have the precise directions if you can’t find it online.
I'm going to try some lemon juice but do it in the pressure cooker.