Brain cloud tea

I haven't made my lollipops yet because I'm working on the tea concentration I am making in the pressure cooker.
The cooker definitely gets every drop out of the tea leaves. When they are done they are this dark grey leaf. The water is a very dark brownish/red.

I didn't realize it, but the concentration of tea I was drinking was too much. I was having 16oz of tea but it was causing a brain cloud.
I couldn't get anything done during the day. I had no energy. I lost my focus.

It took a while to get the correct oz to make me function. Right now I'm down to 1oz in the morning.
Also, I have to be more aware of the tea mixture. I have backed off on the amount of water and leaves.
Instead of making larger amounts and then putting it in the frig, I'm making smaller amounts so I use them over the next few days rather than weeks.

right on man. is it working for you or is it that it is just to strong??

The original batch was with mixed results. I was drinking too much because the pressure cooker made it too strong. As if I was drinking twenty glasses of tea at the same time. The second batch I realized that I was not operating with efficiency. I reduced the amount of tea leaves in the batch. I also reduced the amount I was drinking down to shot glasses.

@patrickc are you still covering them with honey??

What sort of pressure cooker do I need now? LOL. Yes, are you still using honey and if so, at what point?

@guywithtrees I don't have any fresh leaves. I'm trying to finish up the tea leaves.

@laurie I'm using an instapot to make my tea. I have found that the pressure and heat make the leaves give up all their goodness. I no longer just brew a hot cup of water and add the tea leaves. I think it works pretty good. I'm no chemist but I'd be curious to find out what the concentration of alkaloids are; or if the pressure/heat improves or reduces the effectiveness of the tea.

Right now I'm taking between 2 and 4 oz of the tea in the morning. The mixture is made with six quarts of water and 1 and 1/3 cup of dried leaves. I set the instapot to pressure cook, and let it run over night. So about eight hours. It turns off automatically, but it keeps the mixture warm and under pressure for the entire time. When I get up, the mixture is a dark brown/red. I cool it and then store it in the fridge.

I am out of fresh leaves now, but I still use honey in the tea mixture to sweeten it. I am one of those people that prefer to use up what I have before ordering more. I had ordered a large gallon bag of tea, so right now I have about a half of bag left.

I was thinking about this the other day. I noticed the effect has been milder, no effect of stimulant, no energy boost. I am getting pain relief though, so that is why I'm curious about the chemistry of the tea.
I wonder if being under pressure and heat has changed/broken down certain chemical bonds. I have no more constipation too.

I truly believe, less is more. When I was drinking a large glass of tea, I was experiencing a brian cloud. I didn't have any pain, but I couldn't focus on my daily tasks. I had zero energy and slept a lot.
Now that I'm taking small shots of tea, my energy has improved and I'm not sleeping during the day.

last edited by patrickc

BTW - I have not made my lollipops yet. I am experimenting with the tea mixture. I want the mixture to be at an effective concentration. I'm going to try and refine the mixture on the next batch of tea. Then make the reduction so I can mix it with the honey and cool in the molds. This will be trial and error also as I've never made homemade lollipops.

@patrickc I still sometimes use too much. Never helpful. There is no point in the journey where I haven’t made mistakes so far. Less is more proves to be the best solution EVERY TIME. Maddening sometimes, lol.

@laurie Yes, it is amazing that so little of the tea does so much good. I took a picture of the tea.undefined

I'm preparing a summary of my use of a pressure cooker to make the tea for the University of Florida study. I want them to confirm some of my assertions that the pressure cooker is actually breaking down the alkaloids. The tea I make doesn't work the same way that a fresh leaf works. I've also noticed a difference in the powder mixture I used with hot cocoa mix. The tea I make is milder and doesn't have the energy boost.

https://pharmacy.ufl.edu/2020/10/20/kratom-tea-study-stirs-up-new-support-for-relieving-opioid-dependence/

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0376871620304750