To guy with trees

None of my cuttings or seeds have shown any signs of growth. the seeds I know might take a while to germinate, but I planted all of them.
Of the cuttings, I think two are dead and one is green but not looking healthy.

So are you growing kratom? I have tried growing a few times and I believe so far 7 have died on me. 2 were actually 3 feet high and when I moved and replanted they got a lot of little white spots When I looked closer I realized there were bugs, i cleaned the plants leaf by leaf and they kept showing up, I got a bunch of lady bugs and nope. anyways now I purchased two cuttings which just arrived and I would love some guidance.

@lizasbest Yah kratom can be a weird plant. Sometimes they are just determined to die. I had one i had been trying to save all winter just die on me for no reason. And of course a week before the big rain comes. Thankfully most of my trees are recovering.

@guywithtrees I am hoping that these 2 cuttings I received will grow and that the seed pods I got will work also. I would love to have actual trees! From your user name I take it you grow trees. I am on my way to home depo for stuff to get for the cuttings. Can you please tell me what I should plant these two in? I am getting 2 pots but if you know a specific size or whatnot of pot and what soil or type etc? how often to water etc. I would appreciate so very much!

@lizasbest "growing" is in the eye of the beholder. I don't have anything growing except my milkweed for the butterflies.

@lizasbest lol you prob should not replant them. you should for 1 let them acclimate to their new conditions for a week or 2 first. Are they rooted or unrooted??

also regular potting soil is fine. you won't need fertilizer any time soon but get Alaskan fish fertilizer if you can.

also lol yes i grow kratom. I have been growing kratom for 11 years and my oldest are 30 ft. https://youtu.be/-6bKIhDGQ_Q

https://kratomleaf.us/
undefined

last edited by guywithtrees

I'd be happy if just one seed germinated, but I get that seeds are a fickle bunch. I grew bonsai for many years and used to buy seeds for a variety of rare trees. Many of which would never germinate unless the soil and the moisture was absolutely perfect.

@patrickc 100% sometimes they just want to die.

30 feet! wow That is awesome. Headed out the door to home depo.

@patrickc 100% sometimes they just want to die.

That sucks. I bet there is something missing from the soil, like mycorrhizal fungi.
I know that some of my bonsai needed this to be added to the roots to make them healthy.

@patrickc idk about adding fungi to kratom seed's idk how that would mess with their biome. I'm just not sure. Have they ever dried out? Even a period of 6 hours is enough to kill them.

Well the fungi is actually a good fungi which trees and other plants use with their root system. There are several specials on YoutTube and Amazon about trees, but here is a video time stamp to the point I'm trying to make.

https://youtu.be/Un2yBgIAxYs?t=578

It is possible that your trees are feeling sad or alone. They aren't communicating with other trees so they become less healthy. It is amazing to see how the trees communicate and how different species help each other out.