@comma yes yellow pages is a phone book! OMG kids!! Back in the old days, we used to meet up on MySpace before FACEBOOK was born and everywhere you went, there were CD’s (computer disks) from AOL (America OnLine. Some people still have emails with @AOL.com!) for learning how to DIAL IN to the internet!

@laurie lmao don't feel to old I was on myspace too. Aol Aim MSN

Lol @guywithtrees, you must have been like 10. I was married and had kids when those started.

@patrickc I would love to hear your recipe and methods in your pressure cooker. Such as how much powder leaf with how much water and how long do you cook. I really want to start drinking more tea than the way I'm doing it now

Here is what I sent to the UF research team

The regular tea method is 4c of boiling water with 4t of leaves, stir @5 minutes while the water is boiling. I've tried different measurements of tea leaves, water and boiling time, but this method gives me a mild cup of tea. I use honey for the bitterness. No lemon juice is used.

For the pressure cooker I use 6q of water with 1 1/3c of tea leaves @18 minutes using the ‘PRESSURE COOKER” button on the Instapot with a HIGH setting. The method is in the trial stages. My first attempt was 8q with 3c of leaves @18 minutes, but I found the tea too strong. No lemon juice is used.
One item to note is that the Instapot will continue cooking even when it goes in to “warm” mode. The pot is still under pressure and from what I have researched online, it keeps 10.15 to 11.6 PSI @63-78C. This is a factor to consider if you do not turn off the Instapot and release the pressure after the 18 minutes.
I tried the “red bubble Kratom” method, which is using powder with lemon juice, but this process was laborious and required attention to the freezing and defrosting of the water to capture the “red bubble”. This process gives a reliable, concentrated product.
Based on the “red bubble Kratom” method I would assume that lemon juice should be added to a bowl, along with the dried leaves. Maybe a pestle and mortar could be utilized to break down the leaves with the lemon juice, allowing for a shorter time in the pressure cooker. I’ll need to experiment with this process.
I tried to use powder with instant cocoa powder for tea, but the powder is inconsistent with quality. The effects were stronger and quicker; I didn’t care for the anxiousness and sweaty palms. Powder works best in pill form.

I'd like to point out to any one new, DO NOT BUY KRATOM FROM 7-11 or CircleK or any other quickie mart. That stuff is not Kratom. It is usually a mix of Kratom with some other herbal substances and there is no quality control. The people you see dying from Kratom use are people using this shit. And this is the shit that is giving Kratom a bad name in the media. I've been fighting these dumb reporters who aren't doing their homework. They basically see a story and pump it out to their viewers/readers to pump up their numbers. It's a serious case of "oh no, it's another Reefer Madness".

Like @Laurie said, you need to figure out what you need, order some samples, then test it out. It might take you some time to figure out what works for you. I'm using green leaf mainly. I like cycling on and off every few weeks, using it only when I need it or if I'm going on a long walk, like 10 miles. Then I really need it.

@Comma I'm sad to hear about your condition. I hope you find an answer to your pain management.

I agree with you, @Patrickc !

Scary for our community. I wish big vendors would quit pumping out “kratom shots” all over the place. They need to remove the word kratom altogether because that stuff is altogether and absolutely adulterated and different and has very little in common with the leaf we love and rely on..

@patrickc cool post on different ways to use the leaf safely. I’ve been having to cut my kratom powder use for some kidney tests. 24 hr pee collection all day today and tonight. I started cutting back last night and pulled out my stem n vein because previous experience has shown a slight affect in my kidneys (my creatinine number is one digit over normal). Today I put some kratom tea bags I got as a sample into a decanter and set it out in the sun this morning. By lunchtime, I had excellent tea. I used that and stem n vein all day, with a few minuscule amounts of kratom.

The tea has been a seriously different experience. More impairing than I would’ve liked.. I don’t require additives like honey or lemon or anything. Kratom makes a nice tea. In my opinion. I added frequent water drinking including extra electrolytes due to the surprising dehydration that can occur from drinking kratom. I liked the simple tea process of putting kratom in a jar that has a strainer. Super no-brainer.

I’ll be taking the pee jug in (not the jar of tea) tomorrow morning.

Wishing everyone had a wee bit better day! I’ll come back and report on my creatinine results. It will likely be FINE or WAY WORSE LOL

last edited by Laurie
@patrickc cool post on different ways to use the leaf safely. I’ve been having to cut my kratom powder use for some kidney tests. 24 hr pee collection all day today and tonight. I started cutting back last night and pulled out my stem n vein because previous experience has shown a slight affect in my kidneys (my creatinine number is one digit over normal). Today I put some kratom tea bags I got as a sample into a decanter and set it out in the sun this morning. By lunchtime, I had excellent tea. I used that and stem n vein all day, with a few minuscule amounts of kratom.

The tea has been a seriously different experience. More impairing than I would’ve liked.. I don’t require additives like honey or lemon or anything. Kratom makes a nice tea. In my opinion. I added frequent water drinking including extra electrolytes due to the surprising dehydration that can occur from drinking kratom. I liked the simple tea process of putting kratom in a jar that has a strainer. Super no-brainer.

I’ll be taking the pee jug in (not the jar of tea) tomorrow morning.

Wishing everyone had a wee bit better day! I’ll come back and report on my creatinine results. It will likely be FINE or WAY WORSE LOL

I agree about the dehydration issue, but I find it is the same with anything I drink now. I'm 99.999999% water all the time. I don't drink anything else except for maybe a beer when there is a celebration. I find that eating right and eating healthy has improved my life 100 fold.

I too had kidney issues last year, I had stones, but I found out that I had some other issues.
I limit my tea to my worst days, like today, but I've been getting better by eliminating stuff from my diet.
When I go on a really long walk, 7-10 miles, I always drink my tea before I go. It is extremely helpful in preventing pain in my feet and legs.

I keep with the green vein leaf because it provides a balance between both worlds.
I like that fresh leaves have a swift effect on my pain, but tea is so much easier to store.

@patrickc thanks for your concern you guys seem to care more than the doctors I've been seeing for years I can't believe what they do when you don't or will not have a procedure done or take the drugs they subscribe (everyone knows they get kickbacks) I'm going to do whatever it takes where I don't have to see another doctor ever

@peteypyro She looks fantastic! I'll have to snap you a pic when it is light out. Looks a lot like yours there. Not fully back but still some solid new growth. undefined they are producing new leaves which are the perfect size for cuttings. undefined

Spring sprang finally

last edited by peteypyro

@laurie @patrickc I got my pee results back and my kidneys are fine except for low sodium. Still related to my kratom tea consumption, maybe. I’m trying to continue with tea more often, but not solely. Using stem n vein to assist in a wean to get my use lower altogether, ALONG WITH PROPER DIET. I’m finally doing that, but I had no appetite on kratom pee jug day.
Thank you for the support in this group AND in DISCORD!