FDA Announces Seizure of Adulterated Dietary Supplements Containing Kratom

FDA Announces Seizure of Adulterated Dietary Supplements Containing Kratom

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-announces-seizure-adulterated-dietary-supplements-containing-kratom

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced today that U.S. Marshals, at the agency’s request, seized more than 207,000 units of dietary supplements and bulk dietary ingredients that are or contain kratom, including over 34,000 kilograms of bulk kratom. The dietary supplements are manufactured by Atofil, LLC, which is located in Fort Myers, Florida, and is a subsidiary of Premier Manufacturing Products. The dietary supplements are marketed under the brand names Boosted Kratom, The Devil’s Kratom, Terra Kratom, Sembuh, Bio Botanical, and El Diablo. The seized products are worth approximately $1.3 million.

What May Seem Ominous News in Florida Is Cause for Rejoicing in Borneo

The famous line from one of my favorite iconic movies (Cool Hand Luke) about the Deep South, expresses what this dispute between the FDA and the kratom community is, in essence: "What we have here, is a failure to communicate!"

Despite the fact that about 15 Million Americans consume kratom on a regular basis, and recent National Institutes of Health-funded studies have found kratom may be useful in easing pain and helping to inexpensively overcome addiction to deadly pharmaceutical and illicit opioids, the FDA still prefers to view kratom as a source of serious health concerns.

Many of the ill effects can be simply explained by "bad actors" who sell kratom products, which are -- in the true sense of the word, "adulterated" with dangerous substances. This is plainly illegal and the FDA is rightfully empowered to take improperly labeled, adulterated products off the market.

There are many other products the FDA regulates, which also cause the same symptoms and fatalities, such as prescription opioid drugs, alcohol, and numerous over-the-counter drugs, such as acetaminophen, but the FDA finds no issue with these.

With millions of our citizens safely using kratom as a tea or a food -- and reporting better health results -- could we find a "common ground" to agree that anything, including water, can be misused and/or abused with injurious or fatal results?

The FDA apparently has chosen to overlook the research done at the University of Florida, Columbia, and Johns Hopkins Unviversities, that has demonstrated that kratom acts by a notably different molecular pathway than typical opioids -- as seen HERE.

There's a lot more to this story, but no time to tell it here. Kratom has been used safely for centuries in Southeast Asia when it is consumed without adulteration and in moderation. It has already made a significant contribution to correcting the U.S. dependence on potentially deadly FDA-approved opioid drugs among those who consume this herb responsibly.

Adulteration, in the common sense of the word (not the FDA's unique usage) and abuse should rightfully be the issues which are discouraged.

Kratom can be a great natural contributor to human health and wellbeing when it is used constructively and not abused. The FDA and the public need to come to terms with this truth and the science which supports it.

Continue reading "What May Seem Ominous News in Florida Is Cause for Rejoicing in Borneo"

Here’s great interview from The Kratom Guy podcast with Paul Kemp being interviewed-
https://open.spotify.com/episode/7gcJdDS6xmnylFkHvybkuS?si=enNryD6hTuq1A_oGs-iefw

Wait they have a product called devil's Kratom.

What the fuck

These are adulterated? Tainted?

@djpurity666 I read that as well. But I have read from other vendors they weren't. And I have heard from other vendors who say it was making medical claims. and other vendors that say they hired a doctor who was making medical claims. So your guess is as good as mine.

They just call it adulterated because it gives them jurisdiction. Its the claims that get the vendorvin trouble.

They just call it adulterated because it gives them jurisdiction. Its the claims that get the vendorvin trouble.

OH 100%

Anyone notice they also manufacture phenibut....

@bennibotanicals oh whoah I didn't notice that. I hope they were not adding it to there products.

Yeah i wouldn't presume, but if they didn't have dedicated lines there could be cross contamination etc. Phenibut is under the microscope too so double whhammy.

@bennibotanicals Really? I didn't know they were going after it?

Yeah it's dissappeared from so many sellers. That's a scary one anyway.

@bennibotanicals WOW that is really interesting. I had no idea. Hopefully they do not ban it.

Kratom is extremely effective in it's raw form. Those who has the nerve to bother adding synthetics to it need weeded out imo.