Introducing friends
So I have a question. I have a friend that lives in Napa, which is a couple hours from me. We were chatting on the phone and I told him about kratom ( of course) As I described what it has done for me, he said, ' I want to walk on sunshine too!' But since he has never ordered a single thing online and is so not a techie I said I'd send him a bit to try. What I had at the time wasn't awesome. But it wasn't complete crap. Somewhere in the middle. When he got it, he tried it as we talked but said he didn't feel much..I said to start with 3 grams then we could nudge it one way or the other. 2 more grams and not much result. After a few times of this, I had him sent a sampler pack of 'exotic' which is really what this vendor calls their top shelf. He took 4 then 2 g of the red without much result again. This is a person that has never taken a single drug other then ganja so it isn't 'competing' with opiates. Should he try more then 6 grams? He is tall but thin. So not a really big guy. he was on an empty stomach each time. Today I think he should try the white or green maybe. Not sure how to proceed. Any advice?
I find for some, especially if you have no ailments (anxiety, depression, pain), you won't feel much from Kratom. Some people are just not sensitive to it. And if you have no ailment, how do you know if it's working? Taking it for pleasure or good feeling just won't be noticed my some. Usually with more time they will learn to sense the calm well-being it provides. Plus, most people are expecting some thing strong or obvious, which is not Kratom.
@'Bizaro22': > I find for some, especially if you have no ailments (anxiety, depression, pain), you won't feel much from Kratom. Some people are just not sensitive to it. And if you have no ailment, how do you know if it's working? Taking it for pleasure or good feeling just won't be noticed my some. Usually with more time they will learn to sense the calm well-being it provides. Plus, most people are expecting some thing strong or obvious, which is not Kratom. :yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat: Dayum Biz, you still taking the words right outta my mind! I guess some things never change  :shy: Yes, what a person "feels" when taking kratom is actually an _absence_ of a feeling, as in; If you are using kratom to help ease pain, you will feel a lessening of pain. If you are using it for severe anxiety, you will feel a lessening of the anxiety. If you are using it for depression you will feel a lessening of your depression … & so on. Leaf is gentle & very subtle, never dramatic. The feelings of pain, anxiety, depression ... will gradually, gently subtly fade away, nothing about kratom is sudden. This is why people who seek to use Leaf recreationally are sorely disappointed.
But as usual, you explain it much better than I do. I really liked your "absence of a feeling" statement. I have never heard it explained that way, but it's perfect!
Yeah that makes sense. He does suffer from arthritis and some back pain but I got the feeling he has learned to put that pain in the back of his mind and ignore it. Not something I am capable of doing with my fractured spine. I will say for me, the leaf makes me feel super happy…but anytime pain subsides I imagine everyone feels pretty darned happy.
Your friend might be anticipating more than Kratom can offer also. Kratom is a powerful but gentle plant. Many noobs expect to get high from it. Most of the time they are let down because it’s a therapeutic plant and not a recreational one IMO * * * Sorry itzatwist. I responded without reading everyone’s else’s response and I said the same thing you said. Lol
@'Rob83': > Your friend might be anticipating more than Kratom can offer also. Kratom is a powerful but gentle plant. Many noobs expect to get high from it. Most of the time they are let down because it’s a therapeutic plant and not a recreational one IMO > > * * * > > Sorry itzatwist. I responded without reading everyone’s else’s response and I said the same thing you said. Lol No sorry's, Rob, confirmation from more than one person is always a good thing  :cool: If one person says something is so? Cool.  if more than one person says the same thing? VERY COOL!!! And the more people the better, right??? Face it, you, Biz & myself have seen & experienced very similar experiences AND have discussed it quite a bit too. For new people coming into the kratom life (sounds kinda gangsta, lol), our input is important, especially if we are not confusing them with differing opinions. Now THAT drives me crazy. When I see new members getting bunches of differing opinions … how can they NOT be confused??? I have a great appreciation for you & Biz, that you care enough to help with new people in our community so please never _ever_ stop or worry about saying the same thing as either Biz or myself, ok?  It is a good thing :datsphatyo:
I should have mentioned that I am acutely aware that he suffers from chronic depression, although he'd never admit that. Having spoken to his worried family members and friends and also knowing he would never see that in himself I wondered what positive effects kratom might have for that. Turns out it is helping him quite a bit. He went through some really bad things over the last several years ( lost both parents one after the other and saw his mother through a lengthy illness before she passed for example) and years of sadness and heartbreak can effect the best minds. Lately he is cheerful and productive and I can only think of one thing that has changed for him. One morning dose of kratom a day. I do kinda think he thinks it is my support that has cheered his life up and I'm sure that has helped, but I am equally certain the leaf has everything to do with his renewed positive outlook. I know it was sounding like I was talking recreationally, and that's my fault. Thanks for taking the time to reply, as always
It also takes some time to realize the subtle effects. Do you know for sure he is still taking it? If so, see what he thinks about it after a couple of weeks. I'd be curious to hear what he says.
@'Bizaro22': > It also takes some time to realize the subtle effects. Do you know for sure he is still taking it? If so, see what he thinks about it after a couple of weeks. I'd be curious to hear what he says. :yeahthat: :yeahthat: :yeahthat:  _Aaannd … again, Biz beats me to the punch!!!_ Meh, s'alright, I used to it by now, lol!  I am pleased to see that it appears that he is, indeed, benefitting from the subtle yet powerful benefits our Leaf has to offer & will be very interested to see how/what he thinks in a few weeks.
Yeah, will do, it's been abut 2 weeks. And I've noticed how productive and cheerful he has been even compared to after one week. I'll get back to you in a couple more and let you guys know. ( And yes, once a day is his intake) Mailing him another package this morning. trying to keep him out of the smoke shops so I don't mind helping him out till he gets over his discomfort with using his credit card online lol Old people. Whatayagonna do?
@'Ripley': > Yeah, will do, it's been abut 2 weeks. And I've noticed how productive and cheerful he has been even compared to after one week. I'll get back to you in a couple more and let you guys know. ( And yes, once a day is his intake) Mailing him another package this morning. trying to keep him out of the smoke shops so I don't mind helping him out till he gets over his discomfort with using his credit card online lol Old people. Whatayagonna do? You are a very good friend to have, Rip, he is very fortunate  :shy: And yes, smoke shops are not always the best place to buy Leaf, especially for a new kratom consumer. I look forward to your updates on him  :cool: