Clearing the kidneys
Pain clinics have begun testing for Kratom in urine samples, and since the FDA has banned Kratom, people testing positive for Kratom will have their pain medication taken from them. How long does it take for Kratom to clear the kidneys if taking 3g-5g per day?
Yeah, thanks for the news. Kratom is really wonderful and fit to the body easily. And its effect of course. I like it. LOL!
Who told you the FDA had banned Kratom? I don't believe that is true, although a possibility in the future.
@tikimonger For pain management patients, chronic pain pts, it has been banned. As far as they are concerned if you are using Kratom you can't have pain meds and that is why its being screened in urine tests. They have manipulated every aspect of the opioid crisis to the point of denying the chronic pain pt their medications even though they don't abuse their medications! We are fighting the FDA with this issue the same as we are the Kratom issue, if its used for pain, they will take it away!! VOTE! Its the only way to fight these people! Sorry if I made it sound like it was totally banned however it is in some States illegal to sell.
@cherit said in [Clearing the kidneys](/post/1958): > For pain management patients, chronic pain pts, it has been banned. As far as they are concerned if you are using Kratom you can't have pain meds and that is why it's being screened in urine tests. They have manipulated every aspect of the opioid crisis to the point of denying the chronic pain pt their medications even though they don't abuse their medications! We are fighting the FDA with this issue the same as we are the Kratom issue, if its used for pain, they will take it away!! VOTE! Its the only way to fight these people! Sorry if I made it sound like it was totally banned however it is in some States illegal to sell. **No, Cherit, you are mistaken. An across-the-board "ban" has not been imposed on ALL pain management clinics.** This is still a decision that is made by each clinic. It may "seem" like an across-the-board "ban" because so many more pain management clinics are testing for kratom. However, that is part of the agreement you sign when you enter their care & has been steadily increasing for several years. Many pain management docs do not allow their patients to use ANY other substance while under their care, it's SOP. But again, this is NOT an across the board "ban" for ALL pain management clinics, it is still a decision that is made by each pain clinic/pain doc, individually. In their UDS, many pain docs are also testing to make sure you have the drugs they are prescribing IN your system. Why? Because they want to make sure you are not getting your scrips filled then selling those meds. Please, to save panic in our community, be sure to check & verify your facts, Cherit. The kratom community is highly stressed right now & spreading misinformation is like setting a match to a powder keg. ***Thank You for clarifying your first post in this thread, Cherit, I appreciate that & I am sure Tiki will as well.***
last edited by Twisted
@cherit said in [Clearing the kidneys](/post/1947): > Pain clinics have begun testing for Kratom in urine samples, and since the FDA has banned Kratom, people testing positive for Kratom will have their pain medication taken from them. How long does it take for Kratom to clear the kidneys if taking 3g-5g per day? As for this question, Cherit, an extremely "general" amount of time is 1-2 weeks. You see, kratom clearance is dependent on so many variables that it is literally impossible to pin down an exact amount of time. These variables include but are not limited to: Activity level; Metabolism; Size & weight; Age; Hydration; etc.
@itzatwist I am very much aware of all the issues you have brought up, I have been a chronic pain pt for 20 yrs. I have been taking Kratom for over a year to supplement my pain issues, I did sign a contract but no mention of Kratom at that time until my last visit, doc told me FDA banned Kratom, its killing people she said, I freaked out at her! Wanted to know why I wasn't told of this a year ago, Kratom obviously has been in my urine? Thinking its a new issue and FDA has added it to the list of no-no's and thats why I need to know how long it takes to clear the kidneys. I'm looking for another clinic, feel like this one is lying to their patients, but then the doctors are running scared from the threats of the FDA and I do understand that, but then they do have a "no harm" oath. My question is why then Kratom cannot be shipped to some States? My understanding is because those States have banned the sale of Kratom? That's why we need to fight for our rights to take an herbal tea so to speak. After all it took 40 years for States to come around to Marijuana that cures cancer, but the FDA has not! We have a lot of work to do and it starts with our VOTES!
@cherit said in [Clearing the kidneys](/post/1965): > @itzatwist > I am very much aware of all the issues you have brought up, I have been a chronic pain pt for 20 yrs. I have been taking Kratom for over a year to supplement my pain issues, I did sign a contract but no mention of Kratom at that time until my last visit, doc told me FDA banned Kratom, its killing people she said, I freaked out at her! Wanted to know why I wasn't told of this a year ago, Kratom obviously has been in my urine? Thinking its a new issue and FDA has added it to the list of no-no's and thats why I need to know how long it takes to clear the kidneys. I'm looking for another clinic, feel like this one is lying to their patients, but then the doctors are running scared from the threats of the FDA and I do understand that, but then they do have a "no harm" oath. My question is why then Kratom cannot be shipped to some States? My understanding is because those States have banned the sale of Kratom? That's why we need to fight for our rights to take an herbal tea so to speak. After all it took 40 years for States to come around to Marijuana that cures cancer, but the FDA has not! We have a lot of work to do and it starts with our VOTES! Yes, Cherit, these are very confusing times. Even Docs are confused or just being dishonest. The CPP community has been hit terribly hard & I feel as strongly about the CPP community as I do about the kratom community. What is happening right now is loathsome. As for kratom clearance, as I said, it can take as low as 1 - 2 weeks for it to clear from your urine. Before I retired last year I managed a clinical chemistry lab & one of our functions was UDS as well as confirmations. I am only trying to let you know that I am not spouting hearsay, ok?
@itzatwist I appreciate your info, it helps a lot! Guess I'll be in trouble tomorrow when it comes up positive again, as I have kidney disease as well. We know the FDA wants control of a plant that's the Asian community has been using for 1000's of years and I'm definitely one of your warriors! I have several friends that take Kratom, and they have friends that use Kratom, we're all elderly and since I have just come upon your site I have been sharing it with every one of them, also shared the petition on FB. I'm confident we'll get this done, power is in numbers, voices and votes. Thanks!
We are a community & that means that we are here for you, ok, cherit? And yes, you sound like a true Warrior & I am proud to stand next to you in this fight. It is a worthy fight & we not only can win it, we WILL win it ... Together!!! It is a real pleasure to meet you, cherit.
Good subject and answers! Love this grp
@cherit What state do you live in that the FDA banned Kratom?
I am thinking that "FDA banned Kratom " is an error. The state, or possibly a city may have, but not the FDA. Not at this point anyway. Hopefully I haven't misspoke here