Calculating dose
@jlove said in [Calculating dose](/post/3232): > Hi. I hope it’s okay to ask this question. If not please delete it with my apologies. > Do you (anyone...) measure or weigh your doses? People talk about taking so many grams, etc. > I’m using a measuring spoon right now. > Thanks. > Love > JL Hi, JL ... ![0_1551557188452_wave.ani.2.gif](https://i.imgur.com/kMU7bNc.gif) Yes, I weigh my dose, however, not every time. I picked up a small digital scale on Amazon then tared my spoon *(I always use the same spoon)*. After putting my dose on the spoon I weigh them together. I did this for a week & my weight stayed at 2.1 - 2.3 grams. Now, I weigh out my dose about once a week just to be sure my amount has not climbed above 2.1 - 2.3 grams. I also weigh my dose when I get new product because weights can vary between strains & different milling. Your question is completely fine as well as a very good one to ask ![0_1551557338864_smile.png](https://i.imgur.com/Yu8FVZs.png) *I hope that answered your question but please feel free to ask if it didn't, ok?* ![0_1551557143440_flirt.gif](https://i.imgur.com/93hz08R.gif)
last edited by Twisted
@ska Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for in feedback. Love JL
last edited by jlove
@jlove You're most Welcome, JL ... ![0_1551561271587_greeting.gif](https://i.imgur.com/NFPO2ff.gif)
@jlove you're ABSOFRIGGINGLUTELY welcome❣ I really look forward to getting to know you better!
@dijon-evans My dose varies day to day. So far I have been able to adjust up or down as needed, and no signs of developing a tolerance. Which really makes me feel this isn’t truly opioid like. In my opinion. In my case. During opioid use in the past due to severe chronic pain, which was systemic, I experienced the tolerance problems. And more recently when on Gabapentin for Epilepsy.(a non opiod), I finally had to stop this drug and definitely had withdrawal coming off of it. I’m controlling seizures fairly well taking certain supplements and herbs, and happy to discover that Kratom has helped give me a higher seizure threshold and better seizure control. That being said of course I don’t recommend stopping medication for others. But red strains really calm down the nervous system and automatic nervous system dysfunction that I have at times. It has helped the hypertension and heart dysthymia, but again with red strains. I tend to under dose also, and usually take half of what I need, wait and see. But if I am still struggling I will take the other half. Taking less at a time helps me not get nauseous also. My doses are 1/2 to one gram. How many doses per day depends. Today I am needing more. I have started to feel better and getting out more. I have been taking the dog for a walk, clipped next to the power electric wheelchair. It’s a bit bumpy because of the asphalt roads, even though my chair is built with an off road friendly suspension. We live in a small coastal area. Thank God for Kratom all the way around. It’s just a fantastic plant! Speaking of herbs, for pain I have found relief from Wild Lettuce tincture, Ghost or Indian Pipe tincture , and Kava powder. Kava I have used for years, and helps as a tincture (or Valerian tincture) when a seizure starts, but Kavs has some intoxicating effects and I definitely am not as tolerant of it. The other two help mild to moderate pain but not usually enough on their own. Love JL
@jlove Just a quick note pertaining to tolerance from your response to Dijon. Building a tolerance to kratom has proven to be far less of a problem than building a tolerance to Rx medications & there are well-studied reasons to explain why this is so but I won't bore you with the details. Suffice it to say that the alkaloids in kratom have properties that work against building a tolerance. Don't get me wrong, people can & have experienced tolerance problems but it is often due to the use of adulterated kratom such as extracts, enhanced or enriched Leaf &/or just plain irresponsible use.
last edited by Twisted
@jlove I only know that I have found something that works. And it may or may not be available in the future. So, I dont want to run out, or push a good thing. I'm on megadoses of neurontin ( for the CRPS/ and seizures), although it doesn't seem to help me with my seizures much. As soon as my stress levels or I'm too tired... boom seizures.. I have been using other things that are far better for me in controlling or minimizing my seizures than the meds and I am not talking about mmj, or cbd. Even though one item, primarily, helps me to control them, I have to be very careful with the amount. I've never had to worry about addiction, thankfully .. well except for maybe my diet Pepsi.. lol Or when I smoked, years ago I've cut wayyyy down on my Pepsi, and I don't drink or do drugs ( ok I had a beer about a month ago), but my alcohol intake is maybe once a year at the most, but more like once every 5 or more years. So I think that Pepsi is ok. 😁, and even if its not... too bad lol
@dijon-evans Oh gosh I am sorry to hear about the CRPS and seizures. I was diagnosed with RSD almost 25 years ago, now referred to as CRPS. That’s when I was on opioids for pain control, back in the day when things weren’t very restricted. After having to stop mmj and cbd, I was put on RX’s for seizures and pain for about two years. I was taking 3600 mg Gabapentin daily plus an additional 600 - 1200 mg as needed. I basically don’t tolerate any rx or otc meditation and sooner or later have complications until I reject it by developing an allergic reaction and often seizures and cardiac events. Fortunately I have been rx free again, like I had been for atleast 20 years, and back to herbs, diet and supplements. I’m much safer this way. Artificial sweeteners are automatic seizures for me. Have you determined that you’re tolerating them without problems? I have been able to find many seizure triggers for me, but still it’s hard to avoid it from happening. I wish I could have continued mmj and cbd for this, but it just didn’t work out, and I developed a huge tolerance and was doing massive amounts and my body apparently was allergic to the plant itself, something I had suspected. I would love to know anything you care to share about other things that help you with seizure control. Maybe we can do something like chat? Love JL
@jlove I to, develop problems with meds, foods, and something recently is not setting well with me. I am not sure what it is. It could be one of a couple things, that I have been eating more of lately 🙄 I was diagnosed with CAUSALGIA Major in 79. I was 16. That is what has since been termed RSD, CRPS, CRPS 1, CRPS2.. OVER 40 different terms, but no answers. Ugh. Lol I'm very sorry to hear that you know this pain. I have not found anything yet, that helps with the burning pain. Kratom helps with my bones, and other things that come with this wonderful disease, but as far as the "feeling like I am being electrocuted from the inside out " sharp shooting electrical jolts... the ONLY thing that eases it somewhat is Akaumma seed! Sending love and hugs, thoughts and prayers , white light or whichever you find comfort in
@dijon-evans I have been interested in trying these seeds, thank you for mentioning that. 🌷JL
@jlove definitely worth it! Please research information on it. There are some limits on amounts. No known drug interactions, but I am not giving or licensed to provide any medical advice. Just want you to know about it! Oh yeah.. Be prepared FOR THE WORST TASTE EVER... LOL!!!!!! Be sure to have a little bit of chocolate on hand after using it. It's the ONLY way to get the taste out of your mouth 🙄😂😂🤣😯😂