Want to get politically active
Hey all, my name is todd.  I live in TX and I live in pain (not because im in TX….dont want that to confuse folks  :D).  I had a medical event occur 10yrs ago.  The first three years after the event, I was granted access to any and all opiods docs could prescribe. For the  first 3yrs after the event, I psuedo lived on a cocktail of opiods, muscle relaxers, and diazapam.  I got so tired of drooling all day and living life to get back to my chair at home where i could be comfortable.   After 3yrs, I worked very hard to get off the meds and find altetnate therapies so i could reclaim my life.  I have been successful with only needing an opiod solution once every 4 or 6 mos and usually because I lived a little too large and my body lets me know (Digging 4ft deep holes for posts was really dumb.....but i did it).   I have found amazing massage therapists who help me 2 or 3 times a month so i dont need pain meds.  but the pain is always there and it wears on me.  I found Kratom 2mos ago and it has changed my life. 1tsp a day and I am in virtually no pain for 5 to 6 hrs.  I cannot express how much this affects my quality of life.  It also has lifted a darkness that I didnt realize i was also living with.  if you live with pain, you also live with depression and anxiety.  Kratom also helps with this. I read the FDAs letter and am appalled at what is being passed off as science.  I am interested in becoming polictically active.  Please let me know how.  I live in the austin, tx area, so I have fairly good access to legislators.  The FDA is being an effective tool for big pharma who are against any natural remedy they cant profit from.  I find it incredible that when thousands die from approved pain meds, the fault is the persons mis-management of their meds but when no credible deaths less than 50 are atrributed to Kratom, Kratom is villainized, not the persons misuse of it. I am highly motivated and want to be involved as an advocate. Glad to here.
Hey Todd, & Welcome …![](https://i.imgur.com/WVL4nYt.gif)  it's a pleasure to meet you. Thank You for asking what you can do to help with our war to keep kratom legal & available. At this point, we are encouraging everybody to sign our current Trump Petition conveniently located on The AKA Website AND invite all friends & family members to sign it also.  In the spirit of simplicity, here is the link: [https://www.americankratom.org](https://www.americankratom.org)  Just click the "Trump Petition" tab in the middle top of the website.  On our website, you will also see a tab with "Media Documents" which is a wealth of documentation that we have gathered together to distribute to News outlets, Reps, Senators … literally, everyone, you can think of who could benefit our cause by having the truth in their hands. One of the most important documents is, of course, the 8-Factor Analysis. Educate, educate & educate some more. The more enlightened the general public is the more empowered we are. Calls, emails, written letters are valuable tools in this fight also. Be creative & be passionate.
@'tgratehouse': > Hey all, my name is todd.  I live in TX and I live in pain (not because im in TX….dont want that to confuse folks  :D).  I had a medical event occur 10yrs ago.  The first three years after the event, I was granted access to any and all opiods docs could prescribe. For the  first 3yrs after the event, I psuedo lived on a cocktail of opiods, muscle relaxers, and diazapam.  I got so tired of drooling all day and living life to get back to my chair at home where i could be comfortable.   > > After 3yrs, I worked very hard to get off the meds and find altetnate therapies so i could reclaim my life.  I have been successful with only needing an opiod solution once every 4 or 6 mos and usually because I lived a little too large and my body lets me know (Digging 4ft deep holes for posts was really dumb.....but i did it).   > > I have found amazing massage therapists who help me 2 or 3 times a month so i dont need pain meds.  but the pain is always there and it wears on me.  I found Kratom 2mos ago and it has changed my life. 1tsp a day and I am in virtually no pain for 5 to 6 hrs.  I cannot express how much this affects my quality of life.  It also has lifted a darkness that I didnt realize i was also living with.  if you live with pain, you also live with depression and anxiety.  Kratom also helps with this. > > I read the FDAs letter and am appalled at what is being passed off as science.  I am interested in becoming polictically active.  Please let me know how.  I live in the austin, tx area, so I have fairly good access to legislators.  The FDA is being an effective tool for big pharma who are against any natural remedy they cant profit from.  I find it incredible that when thousands die from approved pain meds, the fault is the persons mis-management of their meds but when no credible deaths less than 50 are atrributed to Kratom, Kratom is villainized, not the persons misuse of it. > > I am highly motivated and want to be involved as an advocate. > > Glad to here. Hi there.  I'm so happy for you,  and the fact that you've found Kratom, that it' s done the same for you as it has so many. . WOW run on sentence..  Lol  Started my quality of life on April 29th, 17.  I to was on mega doses, and have been able to walk ( roll) away from  them.  So glad you are here
Hey Todd, My husband is in Texas a painful lot on business, so I enjoyed reading your post and laughed when I read your intro about 'living in Texas with pain, but not because of TX'. Congratulations to our new, sane life! Kratom has also given me my life back, so I feel just as enthusiastic as you to pay forward. And just like you, I am super motivated to get politically involved with the fight for Kratom and don't know quite where to start. The post from itzatwist was very helpful. I will definitely take her advice and start sifting through the media documents on this website. So far I have donated, signed the Trump petition, told everybody and their brother about the cause, became an AKA Guardian of Our Freedom Warrior, listened to the webinars (super helpful!) and now I'm in the process of contacting my congressman at my district office and my senator with my personal story in hopes that they will reach out to the DEA and FDA on my behalf. I saw a volunteer option on this website, that I will have to check out, but I'm so new here that I haven't even figured out how to upload my profile picture yet LOL Anywho, please let me know if you figure out something new about the political aspect of our cause. Smiles Funny