Kratom newbie from North Carolina
greetings! a friend of mine got me started on kratom this year. i hurt my ankle a few months ago, could not walk without a brace and cane for a couple of months, and effectively used kratom for pain management without any adverse side effects, doctor visit, or opioids. i look forward to learning more, and to sharing what i have learned thus far.
@'net0ag': > greetings! a friend of mine got me started on kratom this year. i hurt my ankle a few months ago, could not walk without a brace and cane for a couple of months, and effectively used kratom for pain management without any adverse side effects, doctor visit, or opioids. i look forward to learning more, and to sharing what i have learned thus far. Hey net, & Welcome to the forum  :welcomewave: It's a pleasure to meet you! It's one the true perks of being part of this great kratom community, seeing the successes people have enjoyed thanks to our precious leaf. I look forward to getting to know you so please join in & share, share, _share!!!_
Hello, I am in NC as well. I can't say enough about the wonders of kratom and the kratom community. Can't find a more understanding group of people when it comes to pain management and finding opiate free ways to do so. Pleased to meet you
thank you for the warm welcome. i will share how i enjoy our precious leaf, and why. i found out Mitragyna speciose is a close cousin to coffee, and used a nice water-based alkaloid extraction with a pleasant uptake of mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine like a time released oxycotin instead of oxycodone without upsetting my stomach from the leaf by using my 1 liter French press. I used 1 heaping Tablespoon of leaf (red vein maeng da) that weighed out to 5 grams on the little scale i have for weighing hops when i make beer. i used a hot air pop corn popper to freshly roast some coffee beans, and the coffee masked the bitterness from the aklaloids. it completely masked the pain from my ankle injury, and lasted all day long instead of having to re-up every 4-6 hours on oxycodone. what a god send to have the common man with the ability to avoid doctors, insurance companies, the government and the pharmaceutical industry.
Hey net0ag,  I'm a newbie too but wanted to respond when I saw your NC connection.  I'm a NCSU alumnus, circa 1980's.  But I miss my time in Raleigh, Wrightsville etc.  Glad to hear about your success with Mitra.  I think I'll give your brew method a try.
PHey there.  I stay in Durham and Greenville NC.  I always thought the French press would make a great tea.  Blending Kratom strains is an excellent way to get more from less.  If you would like to trade strains in the area, I try to keep @ 10 on hand.
I have heard that freezing the liquid then reheating and straining can add to the extraction quality…since i shake and chug i have only anectdotal stories though...Will mentioned he has used a pressure cooker to very impressive effect...he is around perhaps he can elaborate....
@'TheAegis': > I have heard that freezing the liquid then reheating and straining can add to the extraction quality…since i shake and chug i have only anectdotal stories though...Will mentioned he has used a pressure cooker to very impressive effect...he is around perhaps he can elaborate.... I'd like to give an opinion about the freezing thing.  Lets say you want to make beet juice (as I have).  I found that if I freeze the whole root, then thaw and juice.. the whole operation is more efficient.   When you freeze fresh, whole plant tissue ice crystals expand and pierce the cell wall matrix (we are all in the matrix rite) and so when thawed a lot more of the cell liquids are released. same logic holds for fresh mitra leaves.  Dried leaf?  I can't imagine a mechanism for that being effective, dig it
@'designerkratom': > Hello, > > I am in NC as well.  I can't say enough about the wonders of kratom and the kratom community.  Can't find a more understanding group of people when it comes to pain management and finding opiate free ways to do so.  Pleased to meet you howdy, neighbor! pleased to meet you as well. i introduced a couple of friends of mine to Kratom yesterday, and appreciate you sharing your experiences with it. * * * @'Paladin': > Hey net0ag,  > I'm a newbie too but wanted to respond when I saw your NC connection.  I'm a NCSU alumnus, circa 1980's.  But I miss my time in Raleigh, Wrightsville etc.  Glad to hear about your success with Mitra.  I think I'll give your brew method a try. awesome!!! we were at ncsu about the same time. that brew method works really well for me, and has the added benefit of time release when going through the digestive system instead of instant release in the sub lingual alcohol based extract.
@'RoninAdvocacy': > My thought was that the freezing of the tea helped to precipitate the liquids from the leaf better than straining. But I will bow to people with superior knowledge of the sciences. What are your thoughts on pressure and heat cooking to increase the teas extraction? i have not yet tried pressure and heat other than the heat from the boiling water in my coffee with the French press. keep me posted on your progress.