Interactions with Paxil?
Hi all, I’m new to this forum. I would like to try Kratom to wean off of opioids. I’m a little nervous because I’m wondering if there is any adverse interaction with Kratom and Paxil. Does anyone have any knowledge on this? I take 20 mg of Paxil once a day. Thank you ?
If you're already taking opioids with Paxil, then I can't imagine switching from opioids to Kratom to bring about any new issues. But this is not medical advice so you'll have to make that decision. Whatever you do, don't try to give up opioids AND Paxil at the same time. FYI….I was doing almost 300mgs of Oxy per day and gave it all up utilizing Kratom so it can be done. It will help get rid of 90% of the wd's, but the rest is up to you, your mindset and your willpower. Kratom is just a tool, but a good one. Also, I'd try to taper the opioids as far as possible before jumping to Kratom. And I'd also sugges you do not do Kratom and opioids at the same time. Taper the opioids as much as possible and then make a complete jump to just kratom. Don't go back and forth. Good luck.
@'Muffintop': > Hi all, I’m new to this forum. I would like to try Kratom to wean off of opioids. I’m a little nervous because I’m wondering if there is any adverse interaction with Kratom and Paxil. Does anyone have any knowledge on this? I take 20 mg of Paxil once a day. Thank you ? Hello Muff, & welcome to the forum  :welcomewave: Please read thru Biz's post carefully as it is very excellent advice. I have known him for awhile & he knows what he is talking about. Also, please be sure to keep checking in with us, ok? We have all, in one way or another been thru a similar experience as yours & are more than willing to be supportive because guess what? We care.