Hello
Just like to introduce myself and tell my story. I live in NC and I'm a brick mason. I discovered kratom about 8 months ago. I have bulging discs in lower back, degenerative disc disease and arthritis in my knees. I was prescribed painkillers by my doctor and after a few years of that I ended up in a methadone maintenance program.  I spent 10 years there and a lot of money. Tried to quit many times but w/d's were to much. Happened to stumble across kratom and gave it a shot. Didn't really work first time but stayed with it. The liquid handcuffs have been broken and 8 months later here I stand feeling better than ever!!!
@'Chris Thompson': > Just like to introduce myself and tell my story. I live in NC and I'm a brick mason. I discovered kratom about 8 months ago. I have bulging discs in lower back, degenerative disc disease and arthritis in my knees. I was prescribed painkillers by my doctor and after a few years of that I ended up in a methadone maintenance program.  I spent 10 years there and a lot of money. Tried to quit many times but w/d's were to much. Happened to stumble across kratom and gave it a shot. Didn't really work first time but stayed with it. The liquid handcuffs have been broken and 8 months later here I stand feeling better than ever!!! Hello Chris & Welcome to the forum …  :welcomewave: Guess what? You have a lot of company in the kratom community. It absolutely pisses me off to no end that people are directed onto Methadone &/or Suboxone to "treat" an opiate addiction. Really?!! W/D off of opiates are a mere drop in the bucket in comparison to the struggle to get off of dones or subs. From what I understand w/d from those two is like combining the sick of opiate w/d with the looong mindfuck of benzo w/d. I have been thru more than one opiate w/d (I am hardheaded & make stupid choices, lol) & a truly nasty truly long year & a half of the windows & waves caused by benzo w/d but I cannot fathom the two combined, that is big! I am so sorry you had to go thru that but relieved that you found your way to kratom.  _I am so glad you made it thru, Chris._
Welcome Chris…I am glad to hear you have recovered your life and freedom due to Kratom....sounds like you are ready to fight so others may as well! There are many people on the forum with huge amounts of experience to share as well, i hope you will continue to login and share in the posts. See you around.
Hi, Chris! I'm a newbie in NC as well. After 20-plus years of struggling with fibromyalgia, degenerative disc disease, and – just to top it off -- a severe case of Lyme disease, and trying everything under the sun to manage the chronic pain, I finally got up the courage to try Kratom, and am so very grateful to have discovered it. I wish you well in your healing journey!