Chronic Pain patient
Hi there. I’m 33 years old, and have had three back surgeries. The most recent surgery was an Anterior lumbar interbody fusion, L3-4. As a result of degenerative disc disease and surgeries, I have developed a dependency on pain medication. I struggle with trying to live a “normal” life without the use of opiates. I’m so tired of physicians that make me feel like a drug seeker. I just truly don’t know how to live and manage this pain. Finally, a physician talked to me “off the record” about Kratum. This physicians husband also has chronic pain and she suggested I look into Kratum since it’s worked so well for him. I’ve been reading as much as I can on this website. I’m excited to start but I have several questions, the first being strains. I’ve read the descriptions but which would you suggest for best comparison to norco? Second, I live in Missouri, Kratum is legal here however the headshop I recently visited sold Kratum capsules and 5 capsules are $45. Ive begin reading the dosage/conversion information on this website and I will most likely need more than 5 capsules a day and at $45 a pop, I can’t afford this. I certainly don’t want to overstep and cause problems but I’ve looked and looked for wholesale recommendations and I know see that listing vendors here is not allowed. I just don’t want to get scammed by someplace and then get stuck with product that I’m not confident or comfortable with. I appreciate any suggestions you would feel so inclined to share. I’m a new, newbie.
Hello, Lauren, & Welcome to our community. Vendor recommendations are allowed here & in our Facebook groups by PM so you have most definitely not overstepped. You are also correct that purchasing headshop kratom can be both expensive & lower quality. Please be sure to check your messages for vendor recommendations, ok? As for strains, many people prefer Red strains for pain so my advice would be to order some sample packs that include a variety of Reds such as; Red Bali, Red Sunda, Red Borneo & Red Vein Indo. Toss in several Green strains such as; Green Bali &/or Green Malay for you to try as well. Keep in mind that we are all different so sampling a variety of strains will help you to find what works best for you. We have a Kratom Consumers group on Facebook that may be well worth your time to join so you can receive a larger number of vendor recommendations. Let me know if you are interested, ok?
last edited by Twisted
One more piece of advice in addition to the above. Stay away from extracts!! Always just use plain leaf Kratom. And don't buy from smoke shops. It's a rip off and low quality as Itza said.
@bizaro22 said in [Chronic Pain patient](/post/2046): > One more piece of advice in addition to the above. Stay away from extracts!! Always just use plain leaf Kratom. And don't buy from smoke shops. It's a rip off and low quality as Itza said. ![0_1546204235453_yeh.that.gif](https://i.imgur.com/oeBKtjO.gif)