Is there any hope for a 15' th

Is there any hope for a 15' that got hit by a cold spell? I'm in the south and usually put him out in April but this year we had a late cold spell. Maybe 50' at night. For a few days. Anyway now a few weeks later half the top is dead branch. I did surgery and cut him down to about 10 inch, hosed of the roots just in case it was the soil or fertilizer, and repotted in compost. Now looks like only about 6' of life after scraping the bark. . Is it a gonner? 

possibly, I would water her again make sure the roots are moist. As we have survived many a winter watering. I would look at the Ruth stout method asap like using mulch or hay at the base to help the roots retain heat and moister. Do you have any pics?

You'll probably be fine. I've seen Kratom sprout new buds after being snapped in half and stepped on. They like it. 

They (local cops) used to chainsaw the politically incorrect trees down in Indonesia, until they found out that aggressive pruning makes them bushier and even more productive. Here are some below ground bud's sprouting....

They would sprout new growth from any buried stem or trunk, even after cold or physical damage down to the ground. 

Keep us updated of it's progress. 

Thanks for the great replies. Wel that makes me feel a bit better. Yea the roots looked fine when I transplanted. Poor guy looks bad though.had him two years and he's been good till now. Maybe he'll bounce back, it's humid and warm as f here right now so it's definitely kratom season lol

. I used the candlewax seal method after trimming which I use with other plants to success so we'll see. Going to buy some more cuttings just in Case though lol. If anyone has any recommendations on where to get some in FL let me know.  At least my longevity spinach looking good haha. 

@Chris np glad we can help. Def keep a eye on him. I'm concerned that the little guy has no leaf on him and being so small it doesn't have a lot of energy built up to take a blow like that. If you looking for cuttings I'm doing 3 for 1 on unrooted for $33.01 www.kratomleaf.us/prod...

I'm also doing 3 for 1 on some older seed pods from my trees for $20.20 https://www.kratomleaf.us/prod..

I'm in FL by the way. 

last edited by guywithtrees

I think your tree will be fine, they're a lot more resilient than people give them credit for. If it's plants you're looking for in Florida I am just outside of Tampa and I've got some specimens I'll cut loose that are 2 ft tall

@Chris was that you who put in a order in my site? Had a Chris that just ordered that I can't get ahold of and idk if that was you

@roadkill thanks! Yup they seem to be tough plants. Im In st Augustine. Shoot me an email: 1saleshound at GMX dot com

So glad I found this app haha. 

@guywithtrees yup that's me! I hit reply to the auto email asking for payment type. Sent to email kozykratom 

@Chris interesting it did not receive any emails. :/ I'll shoot ya a nother or in chat

also a side question on your tree you said you've had it for 2 years in a pot have you harvested any leaves from it and if so how was the product

Yes I had a great harvest probably late November. I got about 15-20 juicy leaves I think. Product was excellent. He was a rifat I believe

He was really loving emulsified fish fertilizer and kelp(little azomite too) . I had also just started adding a bit of potash. That's the only other change the past few months besides the weather. My other fig/papaya trees love it so I dunno. I think it was just the cold that shocked him.