Hey @spence Welcome to the #kr

Hey @spence Welcome to the #kratomapp! How long have you been taking kratom? Any favorite strain? 

last edited by guywithtrees

Hello! I have two rifat Thai kratom trees that are young (around 1 year) from cuttings but they aren't very potent and was wondering what the deal was. Clearly I need to wait a couple more years before they will work. I use them as an opioid due to old college sports injuries. They are a far better option than big pharma pills that destroy liver and kidney function. I'm in Orlando and your site is great for getting knowledge on how to care for kratom trees!

@spence well thanks! Glad u found our content! We are trying our best to constantly put out new content as we know there is a lack of growers content out there. And very cool that your giving growing a try! Do you have any pics of your little guys. And yes you are right they will be less potent then a fully mature tree. As trees age they develop a stronger alkaloid profile. A common misconception is that they do not produce alkaloids till they are around 3-5 years however this is not the case as even as little babies they will produce alkaloids. 

Here is my most recent video on my trees. These are 12 year old trees. All of which are all flowering. 

I have one in a pot and the other in the ground. Seems like I should have them both in the ground though...

I noticed you have seeds. I've read that trees won't grow as tall nor will they flower from cuttings. Is that true?

@spence aw look at the little guys. They look so HAPPY!!!! Nice big leaf. I’m guessing that they are under partial shade. 
And no that is not the case. Cuttings will provide seed and to disprove that are the trees in my videos. The majority of my flowering trees that are flowering right now were from cuttings. One of which has been flowering for the past 27 months straight. Also here is a cutting from my tree that I sent to a customer that flowered at 3 months old and again at 1 year old. https://kratomwatchdog.com/topic/2303/baby-cuttings-sprouting-kratom-seed-pods

That's awesome!!! I've been using fish emulsion fertilizer but read that there are better (and probably cheaper alternatives). Any suggestions?

@spence The best thing you could do is look up the Ruth's stout method. It will help you during winter to keep your roots warm and wet in the summer during the rain season. Plus each layer helps fertilize the trees as the hay or mulch breaks down 

https://www.youtube.com/playli...

last edited by guywithtrees