what the hell is going on her

what the hell is going on here? These trees are 7 ft tall. Give them fish Emulsion 2 weeks ago and one week ago. They're on a 12-hour water cycle automatic. Decided to give them iron today. PH is right at 6. I don't know what else to do I'm coming into the winter and fear that these are going to die or at least get reduced to the ground level.

winter is here. Remember there is a decrease in heat, humidity, sun, rain. 

a a bit of frost, maybe? the cooler weather reduces transpiration too, so fertilize a bit less? it should be fine.  when it warms up I'd baby it with a bag of black kow, and water. when it warms up. 

@roadkill i tried to zoom in the photo... looks almost like fertilizer or even wind-burn damage... cold dry air 'bit' the leaves. like frost bite??  She'll be fine... just a bit taken back for now... whatever happened was quick and recent, severe and localized to young delicate growth...

I lost some leaves here too from the storms on the wind ward side...

but the southern leeward side is better 

...and the ugly side again... they can look a bit ratty, but always recover... I might trim a few gangly branches in spring, or when the next burst of leaves flushes green... your trees look untrimmed so far. 

guywithtrees isn't too worried sounding about this either, and he has seen many kratom winters in Florida, so relax a bit. besides, they respond very well to a moderate pruning  ✂️✂️ and come back better.

last edited by peteypyro