Fire in the hole!

very nice! How thick is the trunk?

@will the trunk is 3-3 1/2 inches diameter at the base. 

@pete2000 have you ever noticed ant black or white lichens growing on your bark?

Not that I can see @will. But other older trees (podocarpus, cypress, jatropha, oak) in my yard all have greenish patches on them.

Only unusual thing with the kratom tree is that the inner leaves have been yellowing and dropping for the last couple months. I hoping that’s normal as the tree puts energy into new spring growth. 

@pete2000

Ill have to ask guywithtrees or Jaime to take a picture for me. I broke my toes last week and have been having a heck of a time since, really miss my fresh leaf walks!

But I've noticed patches. The black appearing under branches where the sun light is least intense. I treated one tree with a fungicide but nothing changed. That same tree is now putting out incredible growth.

My trees tend to yellow at end of season when the wateringings are few and far between.

When you chew the leaf or bite the stem is it bitter?

Sorry to hear about about your foot @will. At least you have some great medication handy. 

I’d never tried chewing the stem before, usually fold the leaf in half and tear it out. Just tried a couple hours ago and the stem is slightly bitter, maybe spicy is a better term. Leaf was a bit more bitter. Numbed my mouth and gave a little buzzy stimulation. Much more noticeable than last time I tried a few months ago. Hopefully it will continue to improve!

@will sorry to hear about broken toes!