Building up the soil!

by soil I mean "sand and occasional black particles".

I have an area in my yard I have been mulching with various plant material for years. I'm getting ready to plant a row of Kratom in that location, should be jamming.

@will Florida is one big sand bar that didn't wash away after the last asteroid collision. All the added nutrients seem to come from the humans improving the soil. Great to see good stewardship practices of members towards our precious earth. We only have one home. 🌐  (presently)

@roadkill said:

<p> I have an area in my yard I have been mulching with various plant material for years. I'm getting ready to plant a row of Kratom in that location, should be jamming.</p>

That is great to hear. I'm trying myself, to convince the better half,  that we need to plant the yard full of them. Something about them blocking her view or some other minor thing.

Maybe I can tell her that they are an invasive species from Indonesia, and that I can't seem to stop their progress in the yard? .. .as they creep in from east to west 

😮 

But I want to blanket the yard with them...

Too bad that may not happen, yet!

last edited by peteypyro

lucky for me I get to do what I want in the yard and the row I'm going to plant is for privacy. I had plantains in this location for years and I hate plantains. They're actually a big pain in the ass but they did produce some great mulching materialmaterial

I’m jealous of you guys. I’ve got one child who just graduated college, two more who are almost done, and a wife who is itching to downsize. Doubt I can bring this to a beach condo.